Does your baby have a sensitive stomach? Is he or she getting fussy? Well, we know how frustrating it can be to deal with babies suffering from gas or colic, for both you and the child, and it’s not a walk in the park either when you decide to go shop for the perfect formula and you find yourself surrounded with too many choices, do you want to know what are the diffrences between Similac Pro Sensitive vs Enfamil Gentlease?
So, we are here to help you make that decision by comparing the best two formulas out there for sensitive stomachs, we are presenting the Similac Pro Sensitive vs Enfamil Gentlease.
If those don’t make it to the top of your list, you need not worry, we will present you with other options of sensitive formulas, and of course how to choose the best one out there that can suit your needs.
We will show what should you choose between Similac Pro Sensitive vs Enfamil Gentlease.
Similac Pro Sensitive vs Enfamil Gentlease
Do you need a sensitive formula?
Before we delve into the comparison of the Similac Pro Sensitive vs Enfamil Gentlease, we will need to discuss the fact that whether or not you need a sensitive formula to begin with. And to get the answer to that question you need to read the following.
Usually, if your baby has a sensitive tummy that requires a special diet, you will be able to see signs of that as fussiness and general discomfort.
For instance, in the case of your baby having chronic reflux, you can switch to a formula with a high whey content or one with a thickened formula. Also, if the case is baby eczema, then a hydrolyzed protein formula should help with that, or if the baby is always constipated, then a formula with no palm oil is supposed to do the trick.
You might also see other signs, like extra gas or diarrhea or vomiting, and in all cases, you will need to see a pediatrician and have them help you with whether or not you need to switch formulas and suggest a more fitted formula type, and who knows, their opinion might help with the whole Enfamil vs Similac fight.
How to choose a sensitive formula
If you find out that you are indeed in need of sensitive formula, then knowing how to choose one from the numerous brands out there is certainly a step in the right path, there are many features to look for, and here are the most important:
- Hydrolyzed formula: those formulas contain pre-digested protein, which means that the protein has been broken down into smaller pieces for babies to digest easily, and these proved to be helpful with gases, reflux, colic, and even eczema.
- Reduced lactose formulas: just like the hydrolyzed ones, the reduced lactose is achieved by breaking down lactose into smaller parts without removing it completely, this can help with a better digestion process and easing discomfort.
- Lactose-free and dairy-free formulas: some babies have difficulties with being allergic or intolerant to milk. If they are allergic then a formula with no cow’s milk might probably solve the issue, but if they are intolerant, then a lactose-free formula might be best, soy-based formulas can help with both cases.
- Closer to breast milk formulas: some companies try to mimic breast milk when making the formula -which is great for your baby as breast milk is the best meal you can offer- by adding ingredients only found in breast milk like DHA, ARA, and fat protein blend.
- Additions: a formula for a sensitive infant needs extra care, so you might want to make sure that there are no industrial components, such as colors, sugar, or gelatin. And you can always consult the doctor if any ingredient seems like it doesn’t fit.
- Others: you also can check the nutrients and prebiotics as they can boost your child’s health, especially if they are sensitive. Availability and price range can also be important factors to consider when choosing a formula.
The Enfamil vs Similac is a widely asked-for comparison as those two companies provide the best sensitive formulas in the market, particularly the comparison of Similac Pro Sensitive vs Enfamil Gentlease, but don’t you worry, we will get to that later.
Baby brezza formula setting helps to prepare your baby bottle in no time without you having to do anything but a simple push of a button.
Similac Pro Sensitive Vs Enfamil Gentlease
We know how frustrating it can be to #deal with #babies suffering from gas or colic. we are here to help you make that decision by #comparing the #best two ...
Similac Pro Sensitive vs Enfamil Gentlease
Similac sensitive formulas
But, that should be your choice to make, so, we will brief you about the best formulas Similac has to offer, and then maybe you can make your own comparison, like Similac Sensitive vs Pro Sensitive or even Similac Pro Advance vs Pro Sensitive.
The Similac Sensitive is a formula designed for sensitive tummies, specifically for fussiness caused by gas and spit-up occurring as a result of lactose sensitivity for infants from day one to the age of 12 months.
Similac is a formula that bears the OptiGRO mark proudly, which means that it is similar to breast milk, OptiGRO is mainly a blend of vitamins and nutrients containing DHA, vitamin E, and lutein that support the brain and eye development for the baby.
The formula also has palm olein oil-free and prebiotics which help with promoting the digestive system and strong bones plus helping with calcium absorption.
The main reason for the formula’s sensitivity is having milk protein isolate -lactose-free milk-, and the lactose is supplemented with corn syrup, and not to worry, the corn syrup is completely safe for your baby and it is approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
Similac offers the formula in two sizes, 35 oz (case of 3) and 1.4 lb for the powder form, as well as offering a ready-to-feed liquid form.
Similac Pro Advance
This formula is a little different when it comes to its components. The main target here was to make the formula as close to breast milk as it can get, and that is why they added 2′-FL HMO AKA human milk oligosaccharide, a prebiotic that is found in human milk that strengthens the immune system. The formula is also OptiGRO and non-GMO.
Additionally, the formula has palm olein oil-free and offers higher fat and linoleic acid which are great for brain development.
The formula is rich in nonfat milk and lactose due to higher whey protein and cow milk concentration, so it probably won’t do your baby much good if they are fussy due to a sensitive tummy, so the addition of corn syrup and maltodextrin are not needed.
This formula also comes in sizes for both the powder and the ready-to-feed liquid forms.
Similac Pro Sensitive
The Similac Pro Sensitive formula is kind of a mixture between both the Similac Sensitive and Similac Pro Advance. It has the same additions of 2′-FL HMO and DHA, vitamin E, and lutein, the protein here is milk protein isolate for easier digestion with a fulfilling addition of vitamins and minerals.
Again, this formula is rich in palm olein oil-free and linoleic acid and is still maintaining a non-GMO stand.
What is a bit disheartening here is that the main ingredient is corn syrup, while that is understandable to replace the lactose absence, it does not need to be a major part and as if that is not enough, Similac adds extra sugar into the mix, and no baby needs to have that much sugar in their system. But, with that being said, sugar is the main source of energy for infants.
So regarding the previously mentioned comparisons, in the Similac Sensitive vs Pro Sensitive, the Pro Sensitive will have to win due to the addition of 2′-FL HMO and with the Similac Pro Advance vs Pro Sensitive also the Pro Sensitive prevails for the being adapted to help with sensitive stomachs.
The main comparison of the Similac Pro Sensitive vs Enfamil Gentlease though is yet to be answered for.
Enfamil Sensitive formulas
Similac Pro Sensitive vs Enfamil Gentlease, what should you choose?
In the quest of finding out the result of the Similac Pro Sensitive vs Enfamil Gentlease- parents know how daunting it is to find the right formula- we will give the Enfamil Sensitive formulas a closer look.
Enfamil NeuroPro Sensitive
When we talk about Similac Pro Sensitive vs Enfamil Gentlease, you should know that:
The Enfamil Sensitive is a formula basically for sensitive tummies with a special easy-to-digest formula specifically for lactose sensitive infants.
The formula contains proteins that are responsible for the easy digestion, a mixture of MFGM (milk fat globule membrane which is a bioactive membrane found in breastmilk) components similar to breast milk and are proven to help with cognitive development and Omega-3 DHA that is recommended for brain growth and development as well as a blend of vitamin C, vitamin E, vitamin D, and selenium that support the immune system.
The Enfamil Sensitive is suited for babies within their first year, and it is non-GMO which is always a plus when found in a formula. Enfamil offers the formula in a powder form only but offers two sizes in a tub shape of a refill one.
Enfamil NeuroPro Gentlease
Here is Similac Pro Sensitive vs Enfamil Gentlease:
The Enfamil Gentlease is a formula for reducing crying, fussing, gas, and spit-up with a promise of a 24-hour result, do you think there is a secret in the Enfamil Gentlease ingredients?
Well, when we checked the Enfamil Gentlease ingredients, we found the same ones in the sensitive formula which are the easy-to-digest proteins, Omega-3 DHA, and the added vitamins and minerals with the similarity of being suitable within the first year of the baby as well.
The only difference between the two was that the gentlease has more lactose and hydrolyzed nonfat milk and whey protein for better digestion of cow’s milk.
The formula comes in both powder and ready-to-use liquid milk also available in different sizes, with an advantage of a dishwasher-safe tub for continued use.
This was the last preparation step in the road of Similac Pro Sensitive vs Enfamil Gentlease, so here we go.
Similac Pro Sensitive vs Enfamil gentlease
I know that knowing which is better in the Similac Pro Sensitive vs Enfamil gentlease is probably the reason why you are reading this article so that you might be switching from Similac to Enfamil or vice versa. We will compare the two now and leave you to be the jury of the case.
Main differences between Similac Pro Sensitive vs Enfamil gentlease
The variation reasons between Similac Pro Sensitive vs Enfamil gentlease are:
- The Enfamil Gentlease is more affordable than the Similac Pro Sensitive and that is something to consider if you will depend completely on the formula for your baby.
- The Similac Pro Sensitive is lactose-free while the Enfamil Gentlease uses broken down lactose proteins.
- The Enfamil Gentlease has a normal formula consistency compared to the thicker one of the Similac Pro Sensitive, and this thick consistency might be a little help towards reflux.
- The Similac Sensitive pro is closer to the breast milk formula than the Enfamil Gentlease due to the addition of 2’-FL HMO.
- Enfamil gentlease has no added sugars to the formula contrary to the Similac Pro Sensitive
- As opposed to the Similac Pro Sensitive, the Enfamil Gentlease utilized the MFGM.
Similarities between Similac Pro Sensitive vs Enfamil gentlease
The Similac Pro Sensitive vs Enfamil gentlease might be a tie for many reasons, such as:
- They are both designed with a gentler formula for sensitive tummies, though the Enfamil Gentlease promises relief within 24 hours.
- They are both non-GMO.
- Both of them have DHA and vitamins to provide all the nutrition needed.
- Suitable for babies from day one to the age of 12 months.
- They both use corn syrup.
- Both of them offer powder and a ready-to-use liquid of different sizes.
Pros of Similac Pro Sensitive vs Enfamil gentlease
When we talk about Similac Pro Sensitive vs Enfamil Gentlease you should know The Enfamil Gentlease pros are:
- More affordable than other formulas for sensitive stomachs.
- Makes a difference with babies in a short time.
- Comes in different sizes and forms.
The Similac Pro Sensitive pros are:
- Suitable for babies with lactose intolerance as well as sensitive stomachs.
- The formula is closer to breastmilk.
- Has a sweet taste.
- Available in different sizes and forms.
Cons of Similac Pro Sensitive vs Enfamil gentlease
When we talk about Similac Pro Sensitive vs Enfamil Gentlease you should know The Enfamil Gentlease cons are:
- Not suitable for babies with lactose intolerance.
- Not organic.
- Has a bitter taste that some babies don’t like.
The Similac Pro Sensitive cons are:
- Takes some time to ease fussiness and gas.
- Has added sugar included.
- Also not organic.
- Pricier than other formulas.
Parent reviews about Similac Pro Sensitive vs Enfamil gentlease
Similac Pro Sensitive
Parents’ reviews on the formula are overall great. They mentioned that their babies did get better regarding the fussiness, gas, and spit-up within 3 days of using the formula, just like the company recommended, as well as their babies liking its taste plus being very effective with babies that have lactose intolerance.
On the other hand, some parents said that the formula caused their babies constipation and that it wasn’t effective when compared to other sensitive formulas especially considering its high price.
Most parents prefer the ready-to-use liquid to the powder formula even though it is even more expensive as their babies seem to enjoy it more than the powder formula.
Most reviews on the product were great as well. Parents seem to notice a dramatic improvement regarding fussiness, gas, crying, spit-up, and their babies’ overall discomfort within 24 hours just as advertised by the Enfamil team. Also, it did help a lot of babies in the constipation area so that was an added bonus.
What the parents enjoy the most though, is the fact that the formula is fairly affordable and budget-friendly.
But that is not all, lots of parents mentioned that the babies did not like the bitter taste, and others said that it didn’t do much good with the fussiness and discomfort.
Some parents found the reusable lid missing when they ordered the formula online, leaving them with no way to keep the formula safe once they’ve opened it.
Enfamil Gentlease Baby Formula, Reduces Fussiness, Crying, Gas and Spit-up in 24 hours, DHA & Choline to support Brain development, Value Powder Can, 27.7 Oz (Pack of 4)
- ALL IN ONE COMFORT: Enfamil Gentlease is scientifically formulated to help ease fussiness, crying, gas and spit-up in 24 hours.Clinically shown to reduce fussiness, gas, and crying in 24 hoursHas an easy-to-digest protein blend for sensitive tummies
- EXPERT RECOMMENDED DHA: Enfamil Gentlease has expert recommended brain building DHA
- COMPLETE NURTITION: Contains important nutrients found in breast milk to help support cognitive brain development through their first 12 months
- NON-GMO: No added table sugar (sucrose), corn, artificial growth hormones, antibiotics or GMOs
- #1 TRUSTED BRAND: Enfamil is the #1 Trusted Brand for Brain-building & Immune Support
Enfamil NeuroPro Gentlease Baby Formula, Brain and Immune Support with DHA, Clinically Proven to Reduce Fusiness, Crying, Gas and Spit-up in 24 Hours, Non-GMO, Powder Refill Box, 30.4 Oz
- ALL-IN-ONE COMFORT FOR YOUR LITTLE ONE: Enfamil NeuroPro Gentlease is thoughtfully crafted to provide all-in-one comfort, designed to ease fussiness, crying, gas, and spit-up within just 24-hours, so you and your baby can enjoy precious moments of peace
- NURTURING BRAIN DEVELOPMENT: Our formula has expert-recommended DHA, known to support your baby's growing brain, supporting their milestones with confidence
- HuMO6 GENTLE + IMMUNE BLEND§: Enfamil NeuroPro Gentlease features our exclusive HuMO6 gentle + immune blend, to support your baby's immune system, because your baby's well-being is our top priority
- NUTRITION DESIGNED FOR YOUR INFANT: Designed with care for babies up to 12 months, Enfamil formula includes easy-to-digest proteins, vitamins & minerals
- ⚕️ TRUSTED BY PARENTS & PEDIATRICIANS*: Enfamil is the #1 Trusted Infant Formula Brand by Pediatricians* & Parents and the #1 Trusted Brand for Brain-Building & Immune Support
Similac Pro Sensitive vs Enfamil Gentlease:
- In the combat of Similac Pro Sensitive vs Enfamil Gentlease, the Similac Pro Sensitive offers more than the Enfamil Gentlease.
- The Similac Pro Sensitive helps with fussiness and discomfort due to gas and spit-up as well as lactose intolerance issues.
- But on the other hand, the Similac Pro Sensitive contains added sugar with the corn syrup being the main ingredient even with the pricey name tag attached to it.
- The Enfamil Gentlease is not suitable for babies who are lactose intolerant but it is more effective when it comes to protecting sensitive stomachs from gas and spit-up and easing the baby’s fussiness and discomfort as well being more affordable.
Similac Pro Sensitive vs Enfamil Gentlease
With all of that being said, if your baby’s only issue is a sensitive stomach, then you might want to consider the Enfamil Gentlease, but if they are lactose intolerant, then the better idea would be to go with the Similac Pro Sensitive. And It’s always a great idea to consult with the pediatrician and they can recommend switching from Similac to Enfamil or the opposite.