Many parents feel confused about what baby formula is best for their babies, or how they can choose it! Similac pro sensitive vs Similac pro advance, Similac is one of the recommended and trusted brands in the market. It has been founded for more than 90 years.
It offers different formulas to give you the chance to choose depending on what is suitable for your baby’s needs and conditions. Similac formula pro advance vs pro sensitive, which one serves your baby the required nutrition to give the baby the growth and development that they need.
Similac Pro Sensitive Vs Similac Pro Advanced | Is Similac Pro Sensitive Good for Newborns
Many #parents feel #confused about #whatbabyformulaisbest for their #babies, or #how they can #choose it! #SimilacprosensitiveVsSimilacproadvance ...
Baby formula is important for babies at their early age. It is considered their main food source as their stomach can’t yet digest solid foods. It should be given to the baby several times a day as a divided meal with or without breast milk depending on the mother. As in some cases, mothers can’t breast-feed for some reasons like:
- Some mothers produce small amounts of milk which are not enough to satiate the baby. And in some cases, they can’t produce milk at all.
- Some others can’t perform breastfeeding.
Baby formula is the best choice in this case to replace breast milk, rather than cow’s milk as it is not suitable for babies because it has high protein levels. However, baby formula is designed to be safe and fit the baby’s needs.
Before we reach the comparison, Similac pro sensitive vs Similac pro advance, you have to make sure you know your baby’s condition or if your baby has feeding issues. If the formula doesn’t suit your baby you will notice some symptoms such as fussiness and spitting up or others. In this case, you should see your pediatrician to help you choose the best formula for your baby.
Similac pro sensitive vs Similac pro advance
There are various formulas in this brand for infants and toddlers designed to meet different baby’s needs and conditions. The regular formula is not suitable for all babies. Some babies need special formula as they suffer from feeding issues, such as:
- sensitive stomach.
- cow’s milk allergy.
Most formulas contain modified cow’s milk to fit the babies and avoid allergies. but babies who have a cow’s milk allergy can use soy milk or element formula.
What is the difference between Similac Pro Advance and Similac Pro sensitive?
Similac pro sensitive vs Similac pro advance, both are good and trusted formulas that serve your baby the required nutrition that they need for healthy growth and development. but they were designed for different babies according to their condition.
- Similac pro advance
The Formula Similac pro advance is a new version of the original regular version (Similac advance). Which is designed for healthy babies without feeding issues or sensitivity against lactose of cow’s milk.
But they improved the formula to be richer by adding ingredient (2-FL Human Milk Oligosaccharide-HMO) and made Similac pro advance. So If you choose between Similac pro advance vs pro advance sensitive for a healthy baby, the pro advance will be a great choice.
- Similac pro sensitive
Similac pro sensitive designed for babies with a sensitive stomach. It is a new version of the (Similac sensitive) formula. There is not much difference between them, but parents choose either one depending on their baby’s needs. Similac pro sensitive contains additional ingredient (HMO), which make this formula richer.
But both of them are designed for some babies who have a sensitive stomach against lactose in cow’s milk for unknown reasons.
Babies feel uncomfortable When they are fed with the regular formula. The lactose in the milk causes excessive gas and makes our babies fussier after feeding.
Similac pro advance vs pro sensitive ingredients
Ingredients in Similac pro sensitive vs Similac pro advance is the main difference between them. Both are the pro version of the original formula.
They enrich the initial formula by adding (2- FL Human Milk Oligosaccharide- HMO), which is considered a type of immune-nourishing probiotic. That makes the pro versions more similar to breastmilk which makes it more beneficial.
Note: also the pro total comfort formula contains that ingredient as all pro lines in Similac.
Similac pro advance ingredients
Similac pro advance is a regular formula as it is designed for healthy babies without feeding issues. The ingredient used in this formula is the standard ingredient that you can find in all regular formulas in the markets. Similac pro advance ingredients are:
- Whey protein concentrate (as a protein source).
- Lactose (as carbohydrates sauce).
- Vegetable oils (as fat sauce).
- Nonfat milk.
- HMO (which makes the formula similar to breastmilk and supports the immune system).
Note: Similac pro advance contains the same ingredient as the regular formula Similac advance except HMO. Similac Pro-Advance Non-GMO Infant Formula with Iron, with 2’-FL HMO, for Immune Support, Baby Formula, Powder, (One-Month Supply), 2.25 Pound (Pack of 3)
Similac pro sensitive ingredients
This formula, Similac pro sensitive, is different from regular formulas. As it is designed for babies with feeding issues and sensitive stomachs against the lactose in cow’s milk, or their digestive system not comfortable with the regular formula containing lactose.
That’s why this formula uses milk protein isolated other than regular cow milk.
Note: milk protein isolated is taken from cow’s milk also but has been separated from its other components like lactose and fat. It still contains a small amount of lactose but not enough to cause harm to your baby.
Similac pro sensitive ingredients mainly are:
- Corn syrup and sugar (as a source of carbohydrates to replace lactose).
- It contains some vegetable oils like soy oil, coconut oil, and high oleic safflower oil.
- HMO (support immune system).
- OptiGRO blend (supports brain development).
- Lutein (support vision and eye health).
- Vitamin E (support developing cells).
- Nucleotides (support babies’ immune system).
- Antioxidants (protect cells).
- Prebiotics (support digestive system).
Similarities between Similac pro sensitive vs Similac pro advance in ingredients
Both formulas are also rich in all the necessary minerals and vitamins like calcium, phosphorus, zinc, magnesium, iron, and copper.
Calcium supports the bones of the baby. They also contain iodine which helps the production of thyroid hormones.
After you have been informed of the difference between Similac pro sensitive vs Similac pro advance. We can go for more comparisons like Similac sensitive vs Similac pro advance, Similac pro advance sensitive vs sensitive. It helps you decide what is best suitable for your baby.
Which is better: Similac Pro sensitive or sensitive?
Similac pro advance sensitive vs Similac sensitive, this comparison is different from Similac pro sensitive vs Similac pro advance. As here both are designed for babies with digestion sensitivity.
They are pretty close to each other and the nutrition values are similar in both of the formulas. Also, both of them contain the key component which is (corn syrup).
You may wonder which one of these you should buy, and which one is more suitable and best for your baby and give your little ones the required nutrition.
That’s why you should take a look at the comparison of Similac sensitive vs pro sensitive, and consider some points before choosing your baby’s formula. you should know the formula that suits someone’s baby may not suit yours.
Similac pro sensitive
Similac pro sensitive does a great job in developing and supporting your baby’s immune system. So it’s a good choice if you want to improve your baby’s immunity.
- OptiGRO special blend (a blend of DHA, vitamin E, and lutein).
- 2-FL-HMO (which makes all pro lines in Similac special).
- Contain count syrup.
- Contain less sugar than Similac sensitive (10.9 grams)
- It has no artificial growth hormones.
- Contain less amount of lactose than Similac sensitive (less than 2%).
- It has genetically modified components.
- Contain calcium (help support the baby’s bones).
- Cost more than Similac sensitive (around $36.96).
- The taste and smell are much milder than Similac sensitive. Your baby may not be OK with a stronger formula.
- This formula is gluten-free.
Similac sensitive offers you a great service if your baby has a digestion-related problem and lactose intolerance.
It’s a good choice if you want to get rid of your baby’s fussiness and gas, as it’s specially made for those with digestion issues.
- It Contains corn syrup.
- OptiGRO special blend (blend contains DHA, routine, and vitamin E).
- It has no artificial growth hormones.
- Does not contain probiotics.
- Contain a bit more sugar than Similac pro sensitive around (11.1 g).
- Contain slightly more lactose than Similac pro sensitive, but still very gentle and perfect for lactose intolerance babies.
- Does not contain any genetically modified components (non-GMO tag).
- Contain calcium (help support your baby’s bones).
- Slightly cheaper than Similac pro sensitive around ($32.54).
- The taste and the other is stronger than Similac pro sensitive.
What is Similac Pro sensitive good for?
It is one of the frequent questions that is always asked. As mentioned, if you are choosing between Similac pro sensitive vs Similac pro advance, Similac pro sensitive is a good choice if your baby suffers from digestion issues and is sensitive to lactose cow’s milk (lactose intolerance).
Your baby will feel comfortable in this formula and will not suffer anymore from the baby’s fussiness and gases.
In addition, Similac pro sensitive improves your baby’s immune system as it contains 2-FL HMO, which is a probiotic naturally found in breastmilk that increases the benefits of the formula.
And like all Similac formulas, it is rich with the required and necessary nutrition for your baby’s growth and development.
Is Similac pro sensitive good for newborns?
Similac pro sensitive vs Similac pro advance, which one is suitable for a newborn! Similac pro sensitive infant formula is specially designed for a newborn with digestion issues or lactose intolerance. Some infants have a rare type of intolerance called (conventional lactose intolerance). Babies suffering from this disease face trouble breaking down lactose found in regular formula, Similac pro sensitive is perfect for babies that have that condition as it is considered lactose-free formula. But if your baby is not lactose intolerant, there is no need to serve him lactose-free formula.
Similac pro advance vs Similac sensitive
Similac sensitive vs pro Advance both are good formulas containing the required nutrition for a baby’s growth and development.
However, they are designed for different babies and conditions. So it’s important to know the difference between Similac advance pro vs similac sensitive so you can choose.
- Similac pro advance
It is a milk-based formula designed for healthy babies without digestion issues or lactose intolerance. It contains the standard ingredient.
In addition, it contains the special component of Similac pro lines which is 2-FL HMO that considers immunity developer.
- Similac sensitive
Contain milk protein isolate instead of milk. It is a free lactose formula designed especially for babies suffering from digestive issues and have sensitivity against lactose.
It contains the key component of sensitive formulas which is corn syrup as a replacement for lactose. And it does not contain HMO.
Similac advance vs Similac pro sensitive
To choose between Similac advance and Similac pro sensitive you should know first if your baby suffers from lactose intolerance or has digestion problems. Similac pro sensitive vs advance, are different formulas for different babies.
- Similac advance is a milk-based formula containing the standard ingredients, designed for babies without digestion issues or lactose sensitivity. Does not contain HMO which improves the immune system.
- Similac pro sensitive is a free lactose formula or contains few amounts of it. It contains milk protein isolate instead of milk. It is also designed for babies with stomach issues or suffering from lactose intolerance.
In this case when you compare Similac pro advance vs Similac pro advance sensitive, pro advance sensitive will be the right choice. Similac pro sensitive also contains the key component of the sensitive formula which is corn syrup. It contains HMO which is an immune developer.
Similac pro advance sensitive vs Enfamil Gentlease
The comparison between these two brands, Enfamil gentlease vs Similac pro advance sensitive, is widely asked. As both are designed for babies suffering from digestive issues and have lactose intolerance.
They are similar in lots of things like:
- Both serve your babies the required vitamins and minerals that are important for healthy growth and development.
- None of them is specially designed for acid reflux.
- Both contain corn syrup.
- None of them are organic.
- both come in different sizes.
But there is a slight difference between them when we compare them together.
Similac pro sensitive
- Is a lactose-free formula.
- Contain corn syrup instead of lactose to decrease stomach sensitivity and make babies more comfortable.
- Contain milk protein isolate instead of milk.
- In addition, it contains HMO which improves the immune system.
- More expensive than Enfamil Gentlease.
- Similac sensitive has a thick texture.
- Contain broken down lactose protein to improve digestion problems and decrease stomach sensitivity.
- Contain corn syrup.
- Cost less than Similac pro sensitive (it’s pretty affordable).
- Enfamil Gentlease has normal consistency for the formula.
Similac pro advance vs sensitive vs Neosure
All of these Similac formulas are good trusted formulas. All of them give your baby the required nutrition necessary for their development. As we mentioned in the previous comparison Similac pro sensitive vs Similac pro advance, mainly contain:
- The unique blend of DHA, lutein, and vitamin E (support brain and eye development).
- Contain calcium and phosphorus (support bone growth).
- Contain no artificial growth hormones.
But they were designed for different babies according to their needs and condition. Therefore, they have slight differences in their components.
Similac neosure infant formula
Designed for babies born prematurely. It has increased protein, vitamins, minerals, calcium, and calories to help premature infants catch up on growth and support them to gain weight length and head circumference.
Similac pro advance
As mentioned before in the comparison between Similac pro sensitive vs Similac pro advance, it is designed for healthy babies without digestion problems or lactose intolerance.
It is a milk-based formula containing standard ingredients, in addition to the special components HMO which improve the immune system.
It is designed for babies with digestion issues and lactose intolerance. It’s a free lactose formula containing corn syrup and milk protein isolate instead of milk. Does not contain HMO.
Similac ready to feed pro sensitive vs pro advance
Similac pro sensitive vs Similac pro advance, both are available in a variety of sizes and also available in two forms. Which is powder formula and ready to feed formula. Both are easy to prepare in a few steps.
If you choose Similac ready to feed formula, it’s easier to prepare. As you don’t need to measure or mix anything, you only need to shake the bottle before opening it and pour it into a bottle.
It is important to know the basic information about formula preparation and storage to keep your baby healthy and safe. Here are steps how to prepare Similac powder formula:
- Wash your hands with soap and warm water.
- Bring a clean baby bottle (you can sterilize bottles, nipples, and rings before use by boiling them).
- Measure the needed amount of water and pour it into the baby bottle (it is better to use boiled water to be sure it doesn’t contain bacteria).
- Add the required scoops of powder formula to the bottle as mentioned in instruction (1 scoop of formula per 2 FL OZ of water), return the dry scoop to the can.
- Seal the cap of the bottle and shake it to mix the powder formula.
- Feed your child immediately (sprinkle a few drops on your wrist to make sure it’s not hot before feeding.
- You can refrigerate the prepared formula immediately if you will not use it.
Note: If the formula causes a clogged nipple you can mix the formula in a separated container and then pour it into the baby bottle.
Similac pro advance vs pro sensitive what is the difference between them in the way of storage?
Both have the same way of storage depending on whether you will choose powder formula or ready-to-feed formula.
How to store Similac powder formula
- Once the product is opened, use it within one month.
- Store powder formula in a cool, dry place.
- Avoid very high or low temperatures.
- Do not store the unmixed powder in the refrigerator.
- Once mixed, feed immediately or refrigerate the prepared formula and use it within 24 hours.
- Do not freeze mixed formulas, it may cause fat and protein to separate.
How to store Similac ready to feed formula
- Unopened bottles should be stored at room temperature.
- Protect bottles from light.
- 32-FL-OZ bottles:
Store immediately once opened in the refrigerator for up to three days. If you already poured it into individual baby bottles, store it immediately and feed it within 48 hours.
- 2-FL-OZ and 8-FL-OZ nipple-ready:
Use or store in the refrigerator immediately once opened and fed within 48 hours.
Similac pro sensitive vs Similac pro advanced parents reviews
- Moms who can breastfeed are always recommended to give baby formula as they are more convenient. Also, other moms mentioned that their babies have been so much less gassy after switching from other formulas.
- One of mom’s reviews in Similac pro sensitive vs Similac pro advance said that Similac pro advance was the best for their little ones after trying many types of Similac including sensitive formulas. In addition, some moms mentioned that they had a good experience using Similac formula, as they find their babies healthier beyond expectation and the babies also love the taste. Besides its excellent price.
- Another mom also said that she made an easy switch from breastmilk to a sensitive formula and her baby took it with no bad reactions and she loves it.
- On the other hand, some moms have inquiries about the source of HMO that Similac uses in their pro lines. They wonder if it benefits their babies or not.
- Some other parents are upset about changing the containers from aluminum to plastic. They preferred the aluminum container as they noticed the smell was different.
- Others recommend the formula but not the nipple that comes with it as it’s a fast-flowing nipple.
But overall, in the combat of Similac pro sensitive vs Similac pro advance, neither one will lose.
Regarding Similac pro advanced vs pro sensitive, most moms agreed that Similac formula is a trusted brand and a great choice.
Baby Diapers Size 5, 132 Count - Pampers Swaddlers, ONE MONTH SUPPLY (Packaging and Prints on Diapers May Vary)
9 used from $55.38
- Wrap&Protect System designed to help keep baby's skin dry and healthy. Product and packaging may vary
- Helps protect where leaks happens most featuring our Dual Leak-Guard Barriers
- Helps keep baby’s skin dry and healthy thanks to the moisture-wicking BreatheFree Liner
- Gently protects skin from irritation and wetness with ultrasoft, absorbent layers
- Helps let you know when your baby might need a change via the Wetness Indicator
Similac NeoSure Infant Formula with Iron For Babies Born Prematurely White, 78.6 Ounce (Pack of 6)
- PREMATURE INFANT FORMULA BRAND: And the brand fed in the NICU
- EXCELLENT CATCH-UP GROWTH: Supports better gains in weight, length, and head circumference for premature babies when compared to term infant formula
- SUPPORTS BRAIN and EYE DEVELOPMENT: Has our unique blend of DHA, lutein, and vitamin E to support brain and eye development
- HELPS SUPPORT BONE GROWTH: Our formula has calcium and phosphorus for baby’s growing bones
- NO ARTIFICIAL GROWTH HORMONES: The first leading infant formula brand with no artificial growth hormones
Enfamil NeuroPro Baby Formula, Triple Prebiotic Immune Blend with 2'FL HMO & Expert Recommended Omega-3 DHA, Inspired by Breast Milk, Non-GMO, Refill Box, 31.4 Oz, Pack of 4 (Packaging May Vary)
- EXPERT RECOMMENDED DHA: Enfamil NeuroPro has expert recommended DHA which provides brain-building nutrition
- BRAIN-BUILDING NUTRITION: Get brain building nutrition inspired by breast milk from Enfamil
- SUPPORT FOR YOUR INFANT: Complete nutrition for babies through 12 months, easy-to-digest proteins and dual prebiotics for immune health
- #1 INFANT FORMULA: Enfamil - #1 Infant formula recommended by Pediatricians
- SNAP ELIGIBLE: Eligible to be purchased with Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) benefits
Similac Infant Nipples & Rings, Standard Flow, Ready to Use, Pack of 50 (0-12 Months)
- Ready-for-use nipple and ring. Latex-free.
- Pack of 50
Keto Market Is On Fire! Top-selling Offer Capitalizes On What People Miss Most On Keto - Bread! Sales Page Converts Like A Monster - Plus 3 High-value Upsells Send Order Values Through The Roof! See Affiliate Page For Hop Links To www.ketobreads.net
All moms have the same questions when they deliver a baby. Breast-feeding or formula feeding all combinations between both. Then they start to compare between formulas searching for the best for their little ones.
Similac pro advance vs Similac pro sensitive both will deliver your baby the required nutrition they need for healthy growth and development. But they are designed for different babies according to their condition.
The Similac pro advance is milk-based Formula containing standard ingredients. It is used for healthy babies without feeding issues or lactose intolerance.
However, Similac pro sensitive can be used for babies with digestion issues and have a sensitive stomach against lactose in cow’s milk. That considers the main difference in Similac pro sensitive vs Similac pro advance. They replace the lactose with corn syrup and sugar and use milk protein isolated to decrease sensitive stomach.
Both formulas contain the special component 2-FL HMO that supports the immune system and also contain OptiGRO.
All Similac formulas contain no artificial growth hormones. Similac is a trusted brand recommended by large numbers of mothers.