Are you new to bottle feeding? If you are, then this means that the name Similac Pro Advance Infant Formula with iron has been mentioned in front of you many times. This is why we decided to give this full guide about the formula. We will include everything there is to know about it. We will also give you a few comparisons of the Similac Pro-Advance Infant Formula with iron vs other famous formulas. This is to help you choose the best formula for your baby, especially if you are new to the field.
Similac Pro Advance Infant Formula with iron
The Similac Pro Advance Infant Formula with iron is a formula that is designed for healthy babies. Babies who do not have any stomach troubles while feeding. It is the better version of the most famous Similac formula which is the Advance formula. This formula is filled with more nutrients and additional ingredients than its previous version.
This formula is as close to breast milk as you can find in the stores. The reason for this is the addition of 2’-FL Human Milk Oligosaccharide which is also known as HMO. This ingredient is also the reason for the Pro name that the formula has. Similac adds the pro part to any initial formula that is upgraded to have the HMO. The importance of the HMO is that it is found in large amounts in breast milk. And it is prebiotic that adds a nutrient value to the formula. The Similac Pro Advance Infant Formula with iron is also Non-GMO which means that the Similac company does not use any genetically modified ingredients in this formula.
Similac Pro Advance Infant Formula with iron ingredients list
We can start with the HMO. It is added to make the formula more beneficial and offer the baby some of the nutrients that are only found in breast milk. This ingredient is not found naturally in cow’s milk which is why Similac adds it as a separate ingredient. When the baby eats this formula, the anaerobic bacteria in the stomach ferment this complex carbohydrate probiotic. Which in turn causes the digestive system to be healthier as well as supporting the immune system. Although we are not sure if Similac uses HMO that is found in other mammals like goats and polar bears or if they are producing it at a lab to be perfectly identical to the one in breast milk.
The Similac Pro-Advance Infant Formula with iron also has the famous Similac OptiGRO blend. Which consists of DHA for the development of the brain. As well as Lutein that supports eye health and promotes better vision.
And last is Vitamin E which helps with developing cells and nucleotides to support the immune system. The formula also includes some antioxidants and probiotics to protect the cells and help the digestive system stay healthy.
The Similac Pro Advance Infant Formula with iron is based on concentrated levels of whey proteins and non-fat milk for the protein source.
Lactose is there as the carbohydrates source to provide the necessary energy source.
The fats in the formula come from a mix of vegetable oils in the formula.
The formula gives off about 100 calories for every 150 ml of the formula.
Now, let us move to the first and second stage formulas.
Similac Pro Advance Infant Formula with iron step 1
Stage 1 or step 1 formulas are usually used from babies’ day one up to 6 months. It is usually made with whey proteins which match the normal Similac Pro Advance Infant Formula with iron. It has the same ingredients list, except for having a smaller amount of the whey proteins to make it easy on the baby’s stomach during their first few months.
Similac Pro Advance Infant Formula with iron step 2
Stage 2 formulas are essentially made with casein protein. But the Similac Pro Advance Infant Formula with iron stuck with the whey protein even in the step 2 formula. As they wanted it to be gentle on the stomach. The step 2 formula is suitable to use with babies from the age of 6 months until the age of 2 years. The Similac Pro-Advance Infant Formula with iron step 2 has more nutrients, especially calcium. As it is designed to support the growing need of the baby’s for nutrients.
Similac Pro Advance Infant Formula with iron types and sizes
The Similac Pro Advance Infant Formula with iron ready to feed is one of the forms the Similac provides. The other one is the powder form. The Similac Pro-Advance Non-GMO Infant Formula with iron ready-to-feed has two sizes. The small one is 8 oz and the large size is 32 oz. you can get the small one in a pack that has 6 bottles in it.
As for the powder form, the Similac Pro-Advance Infant Formula with iron – 2 ounces is the most known one. The Similac Pro-Advance OptiGRO Infant Formula with iron 23.2 oz is a size that is in high demand as well. The smallest pack comes in sachets that are 0.58 each and it comes in a pack of 16. The largest one next to Similac Pro-Advance OptiGRO Infant Formula with iron 23.2 oz is the Similac Pro-Advance Non-GMO Infant Formula with iron powder – 30.8oz.
The Similac Pro-Advance Non-GMO Infant Formula with iron powder stores are many. The Similac Pro-Advance Non-GMO Infant Formula with iron powder Costco is one that many people look for.
How to prepare the Similac Pro Advance Infant Formula with iron
If you take a look at the Similac website, you will be able to see preparing and storing instructions for each formula. Instead of searching for the ones that are for the Similac Pro Advance Infant Formula with iron, we brought it to you right here.
When you are preparing the formula, here is what to do:
- Boil the water for about 1 minute and then take it off the heat. Be careful not to boil it more than needed.
- Wait until the water cools down to room temperature and then add the powdered formula. If you add the formula while the water is hot it will get clumpy. This will also decrease the nutritional value of the formula.
- Test the formula on the inside of your rest before feeding it to the baby.
- You can feed it to the baby or refrigerate it for later use.
If you want to store the formula, here are the instructions you should follow.
- After you have opened the formula, make sure that you store it in a sealed container. It also needs to be in a cool and dry place.
- If you mix it and don’t want to feed it to your baby right away, you can store it in the fridge for 24 hours.
- Do Not store the pre-mixed formula in the freezer. This will cause the fat and the proteins to separate.
- Don’t store the powder formula in the fridge.
- Make sure that you use the formula within a month of opening the container.
Similac Pro Advance Infant Formula with iron price
You can find the Similac Pro Advance Infant Formula with iron formula in many places. Both online and at stores. If you want to buy it online you can check the Similac website, Amazon, eBay, Target, or even look up Similac Pro-Advance Non-GMO Infant Formula with iron powder Costco. But if you want to buy it yourself, you can search for Similac Pro-Advance Non-GMO Infant Formula with iron powder – 23.2oz or other sizes in store. Make sure that you check the prices and offers to get the best deal for the formula.
Frequently asked questions
Does Similac Pro Advance have iron?
Given that the name of the article is Similac Pro Advance Infant Formula with iron, we can assume that the answer to that question is Yes. The formula has 1.8 mg of iron per serving. Which is a pretty decent amount. Don’t worry, your baby will get all the iron they need.
How readily available is the Similac Pro Advance Infant Formula with iron?
It is available in stores and online. You can buy it anytime, anywhere. So we can say it is pretty much available.
How long is Similac Pro Advance Infant Formula with iron good for?
Well, as we have mentioned, if you make the formula from powder you should use it within 24 hours. And you should keep it in the fridge during that time. As for the ready-to-use formula you can use it within 48 to 72 hours from opening. You should also store it in the fridge until you feed it to your baby. As for the powder formula you should use it within a month of opening the container. Do not store it in the fridge though, but in a dry cool place, and make sure you seal it completely.
Similac Pro Advance vs Similac Advance
Now, this comparison of Pro Advance vs Advance most people ask for. As everyone just wants to know if the price of the Pro advance is worth it. Well, let us start with the similarities between the two. The ingredients list is practically the same. Both formulas are OptiGRO which means that they both have Lutein, DHA, and Vitamin E. you can also find nucleotides and prebiotics in the two formulas. Similac formulas are palm olein-oil free which makes for better calcium absorption and stronger bones.
The differences between the two
The two formulas have minor differences that may contribute to your final decision. We will give you a brief about each of those.
Similac Advance does not have HMO in it
As we have mentioned, the addition of the HMO is related to the name Pro. This is why it makes sense that the Similac Advance does not have HMO. But we all know that breast milk has important ingredients for the immune system and baby growth –HMO included-. It is important for the development of the digestive system. And the growth of good bacteria assists the build of the immune system for about 70%. Similac helped a great deal in that area. Up until recently, those benefits were only for breastfed babies.
Similac Pro Advance does not have any GMO ingredients
The Advance formula has ingredients that are found in genetically engineered animals and plants. This ingredient is R-BST which is Recombinant bovine somatotropin. It is a substance that is genetically engineered from Bovine Somatotropin. Cows produce that hormone from their pituitary gland. It is given to cows to lengthen the period in which the cow lactates. They usually produce milk for around 70 days and that hormone is used to make it last longer.
The Similac Pro Advance though does not contain any GMOs. So any dairy ingredients from cows included have not been genetically treated in any way. So many parents prefer non GMOs as they are sure they don’t have any additions or chemicals. Also, non GMOs offer the benefits of fewer allergies, they don’t cause antibiotic resistance and they help with preserving organs.
The smell and taste of both formulas
The Similac brand tries to catch as many resemblances as it can from breast milk. So they worked on the taste of the formulas as well to make sure that they taste like natural breast milk. This is because babies sometimes refuse the formulas because they realize the taste difference. Even if the formula tastes good. Both formulas taste like breast milk but the Pro Advance tastes like it a bit more.
When it comes to smell though, both formulas are different. The advanced formula has a bit of a sharp smell. But, it is not noticeable so it should not bother your baby. On the other hand, Similac Advance has a tin-like smell. So if your baby is sensitive to scents it may bother them.
The effect on the stomach
Due to the difference in the formulas, they have different effects on babies’ stomachs. The Similac Pro Advance reduces vomiting, gas, and spit-up and it does not cause any allergies as well. Or so the Similac Company says. While Similac Advance does the same except for causing allergies. Similac Advance triggers mild allergies in babies who are sensitive. So if your baby is prone to allergies, you might want to consider another formula.
The price difference between the two
The price difference between the two is significant. So it can be a great deciding factor for many parents. But, while the Pro Advance has a high price, this is the only issue it has. As for Similac Advance, there are many issues with it.
Similac Pro Advance vs Similac Pro Total Comfort
Let us start on the Similac Pro Advance vs Similac Pro Total Comfort. The Similac Pro advance is a formula for healthy babies. A formula that parents use to get the extra nutrients. While the Pro Total Comfort is a special formula. It is for babies who are lactose intolerant. Or babies who have an issue with digesting milk proteins.
Both formulas have a similar ingredients list. They both have the HMO and both are OptiGRO so they contain DHA, Lutein, and Vitamin E. They contain the same probiotics and minerals. So both formulas offer the same brain, eye, and immune system development to ensure healthy growth
The differences lie in the proteins and sugar sources used in each formula. Since the Pro total comfort formula is for lactose intolerance, corn maltodextrin and sugar replace lactose. While Pro Advance uses lactose as the energy source. As for the proteins, Pro advance uses whey milk protein and nonfat milk. However, the Pro Total Comfort uses whey proteins hydrolysate. Which is a protein that is in smaller pieces for easy digestion.
Tommee Tippee Closer to Nature Fiesta Baby Feeding Bottles, Anti-Colic, Slow Flow, BPA-Free - 9 Ounces, Multi-colored, 6 Pack (522597)
$23.99 in stock
- The original breast-like bottle: Shaped like a breast because babies prefer it that way, our award-winning Closer to Nature baby bottle could just be the best thing for baby, since you!
- Breast-like: Our soft silicone, breast-like nipple feels closer to skin and flexes like mom for a comfortable feed and supports in the transition from breastfeeding to bottle feeding
- Anti-colic: Sensitive Closer to Nature nipple with anti-colic valve reduces excessive air flow, so little ones ingest more milk and less air, preventing symptoms of colic
- A latch made in heaven: 95% of moms say baby accepted our nipple* – the most easily accepted and breast-like nipple, ever, to encourage a natural latch
- Mom recommended: 95% of moms would recommend Tommee Tippee Closer to Nature bottles to others*
Enfamil Infant Formula, Milk-based Baby Formula with Iron, Powder Can, 21.1 Oz (Pack of 4)
- A Neuro Completed formula that has important nutrients, such as brain-nourishing choline and DHA
- Enfamil Infant formula is tailored to meet the nutritional needs of babies aged 0 through 12 months.
- Enfamil is the #1 infant formula brand recommended by pediatricians.
- Enfamil Infant also has a dual prebiotics blend designed to help support a baby's own natural defenses
- #1 TRUSTED BRAND: Enfamil is the #1 Trusted Brand for Brain-building & Immune Support
Happy Baby Organics Infant Formula, Milk Based Powder with Iron Stage 1, 21 Ounce (Pack of 4) packaging may vary
- Modeled After Breast Milk & made with carefully sourced premium ingredients, this formula is made with organic lactose the principal carbohydrate found in breast milk Our formula provides key vitamins and minerals that are found naturally in breast milk
- With 4X More Prebiotics than most other organic infant formula, our formula delivers 2 prebiotics, GOS & FOS, Fibers that mimic the function of prebiotics found naturally in breast milk, which promote healthy gut bacteria in infants No corn syrup solids
- Happy Baby: We provide organic, delicious options for your baby's nutritional journey; Happy Baby offers baby food pouches, organic cereals, teething wafers, baby snacks and more made for your little one
- Happy Family Organics: We are on a mission to change the trajectory of children's health through nutrition; We provide age and stage appropriate premium organic food products for baby, tot, kid, and mama
- Our Happy Promise: All products are certified USDA organic, made with non-GMO ingredients grown without the use of toxic persistent pesticides and in packaging made without BPA, BPS, or phthalates
Plant based Baby Formula, 4 Powdered Cans, (20.9 Oz each), Enfamil ProSobee for Sensitive Tummies, Soy-based, Plant Sourced Protein, Lactose-free, Milk free
$142.51 in stock
- DAIRY-FREE FORMULA: Enfamil ProSobee baby formula powder is a completely lactose and dairy free, soy formula alternative to milk-based baby formula
- POWDER FORMULA FOR MILK SENSITIVITY: Dairy free formula helps ease Fussiness, Gas Colic caused by sensitivity to milk based formulas
- COMPLETE NUTRITION: Gentle formula tailored for your baby through their first 12 months
- INFANT FORMULA: Enfamil - Infant formula recommended by Pediatricians
- SUPPORTS COGNITIVE-BRAIN DEVELOPMENT: Enfamil ProSobee has the same brain-nourishing DHA levels as Enfamil routine formula to foster cognitive brain development
4 Layer Portable Grid Formula Milk Powder Dispenser Baby Accessories Plastic Cereal Food Container Infant Feeding Storage Box
$1.53 in stock
After giving the Similac Pro Advance Infant Formula with iron a closer look, it is evident that it is a good formula. If you need a formula that is as close to breast milk as you will be able to get, then this formula should be your choice. The formula is non-GMO and it has all the nutrients your baby might need. As well as being OptiGRO which is another addition. The only downfall is that it is on the pricier side.
When we compare the Similac Pro Advance to the Advance, you will find that the Pro Advance is better. The Pro Advance has HMO in it as well as being non-GMO. It also has a better smell and taste compared to the Similac Advance but it is more expensive.
As for the Pro Advance against the Pro Total Comfort, they are different in essence. The Pro Advance is good for healthy babies. While Pro Total Comfort deals with lactose intolerance and milk proteins sensitivity. So they replace lactose with corn maltodextrin and sugar.
- Similac Advance vs Pro Advance – Differences Explained
- Similac Advance VS Pro Advance: Complete Comparison – Mummy’s Busy World: A Parenting Blog!
- Similac Pro Advance vs Similac Pro sensitive
- Choose the Best Baby Formula for your Newborn, Infant, or Toddler
- Similac Pro-Advance® Step 1 | Our Most Advanced Baby Formula
- Similac Pro-Advance® Step 2 | Our Most Advanced Baby Formula
- Similac Advance Vs Pro Advance Vs Other Formulas – 10BabyGear