A lot of mothers wonder “what is the best baby formula for gas and spit up?”.
Do you know that more than fifty percent of babies suffer from gases and fussiness? And that goes back to their digestive system development. The baby in his intrauterine life receives his nutrition from the blood of his mothers via the umbilical cord and the amniotic fluid. He used to receive his food in this way all his nine months. And After his delivery, he needs to receive food in the form of formula or breast milk.
But, at this time his stomach is not well developed yet. So, his digestion is not well developed either. So, parents need to know that gases, fussiness, or even reflexes are normal at that time and do not relate this to the type of formula they use.
However, if you are a bottle-fed mom and you feel that your baby gets gassy and fussy in an abnormal way, you need to stop the formula. So, you need to ask yourself if this amount of gases is normal or not? If the frequency of spitting up is too much or not? Is your baby getting gassy every time he takes his formula?
If you can not determine the answers to these questions you need to take your doctor’s recommendations. Because your baby might have a sensitive stomach and needs a specific kind of formula to overcome this sensitivity.
So, in this article, we will talk about the best baby formula for gas and spit up. This kind of formula will help your baby to decrease his fussy symptoms. It will also improve the growth and development of his digestive system.
What Is the Best Baby Formula for Gas and Spit Up?
Do you know that more than fifty percent of #babies suffer from #gases and #fussiness? This is because their #digestive system is still adapting to #breastmilk.
What is the best baby formula for gas and spit up?
There is a lot of brands in the market for sensitive tummies. and we will talk about each famous brand, its pros and cons, and what are the types that would be suitable for your babies from these brands.
This will give you the best review about the best baby formula for gas and fussiness to be able to make the right decision.
You need also to know that if you continue to switch between the types of formula, your baby will suffer from gastrointestinal symptoms, not just gases and fussiness. But, if you still can not make the right decision, it’s okay you don’t have to worry. you need just to take your doctor’s consultation.
But before we talk about the best baby formula for gas and spit up, we need to know what causes these symptoms.
What causes gases and spit up?
You need to know that excess gases cause spit-up. and that at some point seventy percent of infants may be affected by gases. This is due to the number of gases that they swallow is more than the amount of milk in their bottle formula. You can generate the bubbles of gases specifically from the bottle formula due to the excess shaking.
But, you can also prevent this build-up of gases so easily by:
- mothers can burp their babies during or after feeding them formula.
- If your baby won’t want to continue his bottle, you can burp him at this time too because at this time he is probably full.
- they should hold their babies in an upright position to make sure that they digest well.
- If you are in a noisy place, you need to move to another quiet place. This will get rid of any distractions and will help your baby to swallow his formula in the right way.
After following all of these steps and your baby still builds up gases, you need to change the type of formula. If your baby suffers from colics, you need to change the formula for that too. Because your baby will build up gases due to these colics.
What causes reflux?
Reflux means that the digested food comes back to your babies’ stomach. This will come out in the form of a spit-up. It is not a rare condition to keep in your mind. And even if this symptom is present it will resolve after eighteen months from your baby’s birth.
So, you need to look for more serious symptoms that your baby may suffer from. These symptoms include:
- The inability to gain weight.
- He may suffer from blood and mucus in his spit-up.
- Your babies spit up maybe also comes in a projectile form.
So, if you see any of these symptoms, you need to stop the formula and see your doctor. He will guide you to the best formula for gas and reflux.
Is your baby suffering from hypersensitivity or allergy?
You cannot know if your baby has an allergy to this formula or not except by trial and error. Or that you did find obvious symptoms that appear on him after a few minutes to a few days of giving this formula.
Your baby may symptomatize with vomiting, gaging, abdominal distention, diarrhea, or constipation. These symptoms are with gradual onset and progressive course as long as your baby takes this formula.
There may be more serious allergic symptoms that your baby may suffer from as:
- Respiratory manifestations: wheezes and dyspnea.
- Gastrointestinal manifestations: abdominal colics, bleeding per rectum, and bloody stool.
- Skin manifestations: rashes, eczema, hives, swellings, and even anaphylaxis.
If you see all of these symptoms you need to see your pediatrician to treat them. the pediatrician will also recommend the best baby formula for gas and spit up.
What are you searching for?
While searching for the best baby formula for gas and spit up, you need also to consider some other standards and points while searching. If you keep the following points in your mind, make sure that you will get the best offer for the best baby formula for spit up and constipation.
You are searching for the best:
Price is the biggest issue that parents are interested in. As they know that their baby will be on this formula purely at least for six months. Specifically, if they feed him just on baby formula exclusively without entering the breastfeeding program in his schedule.
They want to make the right decision, not just for the quality but, also for their personal budget. You don’t have to be worried as we will show you the best quality with the best prices in the markets. Parents need also to know that searching for the best quality does not mean searching for the highest price. And as long as the price is high, the quality is high. That is not the right way of thinking and we will prove that to you in this article.
Price is an important point you need to take into consideration but it is not the only thing that you should put in your mind. You need also to think about the quantity of formula that you have when you search for the best baby formula for gas and spit up.
After you decide which type of formula fits your baby, you need to make sure that you are not running out of this formula. This is very important to not find yourself having an empty can at the time of feeding.
You need to make sure that you are able to find this formula anywhere. Mothers should have access to this formula in any drug market or even websites such as Amazon.
Parents should read the integrands before they buy their best baby formula for gas and spit up. They should avoid the integrands that contain cow’s milk, proteins, lactose, or even dairy integrands.
Those integrands are the most famous types of integrands that your baby may have an allergy to.
If you follow all of these instructions, make sure that you will get the best offer of the best formula for gas and fussiness that you need.
What is the best baby formula for gas and spit up in 2021?
The first brand that we want to show you is Similac sensitive formula. It is one of the most trusted baby formulas in the market with the testimony of parents and doctors.
Similac sensitive can is a little bit larger than the other brands. It contains about thirty-four point nine ounces. This will make about two hundred fifty-eight ounces of formula. This formula is made specifically for babies who have lactose-sensitive tummies. So, if your baby cannot tolerate lactose sugar, this formula is his best choice.
This formula is also an OptiGRO formula that contains specific kinds of integrands for your baby’s growth and development. It contains lutein to support his eye’s maturation and vitamin E for growth development. The Similac sensitive formula also contains DHA for mental and cognitive functions.
- It does not contain lactose for babies who have lactose intolerance.
- Although it does not contain lactose, it is still a milk-based formula
- It contains specific integrands such as vitamin E, DHA, and lutein.
- Similac sensitive may cause constipation.
That was one of the best baby formula for gas and spit up.
Check its price here:
Similac baby powder for spit up:
The Similac brand made a specific kind of formula for spit-up babies. They found that this formula reduces the spit up to about fifty-six percent in babies and that is a great progress for this brand.
This progress is because they designed this formula to be enriched with rice starch. This decreases the spit up to the previous percent. And it made it one of the best baby formula for gas and spit up.
It is also enriched with DHA, lutein for the brain and eye growth and development. This formula is also one of the OptiGRO blends as Similac sensitive. Similac baby powder for spit up does also contain vitamin E for growth and development.
The can of this formula contains about twenty-two point fifty-six ounces. That means that it can make one hundred eighty-four ounces of formula.
- It is one of the best baby formula for gas and spit up
- This formula contains specific nutrients such as rice starch, DHA, lutein, and vitamin E.
- It may cause constipation. This is due to its greasy consistency as it is enriched with rice starch. You can not mix this kind of formula very well which will lead to precipitation of this formula. It may also block the nipple of the bottle. All of these issues will lead to constipation. But it is still one of the best formula for reflux and spit up.
Enfamil prosobee soy:
Enfamil prosobee is different from the other formula products as it is a soy-based formula. So, if your baby is sensitive to milk products or you have a positive family history of milk allergy, this is your best choice.
Its can is a little bit smaller than Similac sensitive. It contains twenty-two ounces. That means that it makes one hundred four one point seven five ounces of formula.
It also has specific integrands and nutrients for the growth and development of the cognitive and the brain development of your baby.
If you order it online from amazon, make sure that you are ordering the right formula. don’t mix it up with the other formulas.
- Enfamil prosobee soy is a soy-based formula for milk-sensitive babies.
- It contains DHA and choline for brain growth and development.
- They made this formula a harder way than any other formula because it is a soy-based formula. So, it is pricy than the other formulas.
But, it is still one of the best formula for colic reflux and gas.
Check its price on Amazon:
Gerber good start soothe
This formula is made specifically for babies who have sensitive stomachs. This formula reduces crying in fifty percent of babies who are suffering from colicky abdominal pain. So, it is also the best baby formula for gas and spit up. that considered this formula one of the organic formulas for gassy babies.
It can contain about twenty-two point two ounces. This will make about one hundred and sixty ounces of formula.
This formula will make the development of the digestive system in babies easier. Because it contains proteins that are easy for the baby to digest and absorb. It also contains probiotics to reduce the colicky abdominal pain during digestion.
Check its price here:
It has a small amount of lactose sugar for those who cannot tolerate the lactose and no GMOs. But you need to know that this formula is very high in inconsistency. So, you need to make sure to mix it up with a large amount of water to prevent any clumps from precipitating in the bottom of the bottle.
- This formula contains proteins and probiotics. This will make it easier in digestion and reduce the colicky pain during digestion.
It is difficult to mix up with water due to its high consistency.
But it is still one of the best formula to prevent constipation. It is also considered one of the best formula for colic babies South africa.
What is the best formula to choose?
From the four sensitive formulas that we have reviewed, the choice is Similac sensitive. This formula contains specific kinds of proteins and probiotics. This will help your baby to digest better and reduce the colicky abdominal pain produced during digestion.
It is also not expensive compared with the other formula. In addition, you could make enough bottles from one can.
Similac sensitive also doesn’t have mixing issues. because this formula has a perfect consistency that makes mixing it with water very easy without accumulating clumps.
Earth's Best Organic Dairy Infant Powder Formula with Iron, Omega-3 DHA and Omega-6 ARA, 21 oz
$34.57 in stock
- INFANT NUTRITION: Our closest formula to breast milk, this easy-to-digest organic formula is made with wholesome ingredients and nutrients that support immunity, brain development, and eye development
- EASY TO PREPARE: Simple-to-follow directions on the back of the formula container help you prepare your little one’s baby bottle with the right water-to-formula powder ratio for their feeding needs
- FIRST 12 MONTHS: Support development and nourish your baby from their first day to their first birthday
- EARTH'S BEST: Explore our full line of baby nutrition to find more sensitive baby formulas, gentle formulas, plant-based formulas, and toddler formulas
- 21 OZ FORMULA CONTAINER: Includes one 21 oz container of Earth's Best Organic Dairy Infant Formula
New and Improved Baby Brezza Formula Pro Advanced Formula Dispenser Machine - Automatically Mix a Warm Formula Bottle Instantly - Easily Make Bottle with Automatic Powder Blending
- Most advanced way to automatically make a warm, formula bottle instantly. More accurate, consistent, hygienic & faster than hand scooping.
- Patented mixing technology automatically mixes formula & water to the perfect consistency. Works with virtually all formula brands & all bottle brands/sizes. For accurate dispensing, clean the mixing funnel after every 4th bottle or buy a spare funnel
- Fully customizable – choose 1 ounce increments between 2-10 ounces, 3 temperature settings and formula/water or water only dispensing
- Air-tight formula storage
- 1-year limited warranty (not valid on purchases shipped outside US); BPA-FREE; UL Listed; Works with 120 volt outlets; Current: 2.5A
To sum up….
- There are a lot of brands in the markets for sensitive tummies. but you should search for what is more comfortable and suitable for your baby. and if you can not decide you need to take your doctor’s recommendations and he will give you the best choice.
- Excessive gasses cause spit up, and seventy percent of infants may be affected by gases. This is because the number of gases that they swallow is more than the amount of milk in their bottle formula.
- You cannot know if your baby has an allergy or not except by trial and error. And finding an obvious symptom that appears on him after a few minutes to a few days of giving this formula.
- While searching for the best baby formula for gas and spit up, you need also to put some standards for this formula. You should search for the perfect price, quantity, and integrands.
- One of the best baby formula for gas and spit up is Similac sensitive and Enfamil prosobee soy. There is also Similac baby powder for spit up and Gerber good start soothe. Those formulas are designed specifically for infants and babies who have sensitive tummies. And those who have allergies to lactose sugar, proteins, milk-based, or any products that have dairy integrands.
- The best of them is Similac sensitive regarding different pros. It has the best price and you can make a good enough bottle formula from one container. This formula also contains proteins and probiotics for easy digestion and reduction of colicky abdominal pain during digestion and absorption.