Is it okay to switch from Enfamil Neuropro to Gentlease?
Many mothers have often asked ‘is it okay to switch from Enfamil Neuropro to Gentlease?’ It is noted that switching from a formula of the same brand cannot be an issue, so long as the need of the mother is met, and the baby easily adapts to the switch. Before the question is it okay to switch from Enfamil Neuropro to Gentlease? is answered, please follow the next vital information.
First, there is need to address the few misconceptions about formula switch. And to separate what is myth from reality. Five (5) of this myth would be addressed and the exposition would provide you the answers you need, especially in relations to – is it okay to switch from Enfamil Neuropro to Gentlease?
Is it okay to switch from Enfamil Neuropro to Gentlease?
- First myth, that switching between formula brands solve feeding problems; it is wrong to assume that you need to switch between formula brands to solve your baby’s feeding problems. As what might be required could be a switch to another formula, rather than switching brands. Your pediatrician would be in a good to position to advice you on the best formula that would suit your baby’s need. Thus, rather than spending so much piling up different brands of formula that your baby might reject, it is better to consult your doctor whether is it okay to switch from Enfamil Neuropro to Gentlease? Or try switching between formulas from same brand.
- Second myth, that you can’t make a direct switch from a regular formula to a special formula; Many mothers would rather mix formulas gradually when making a switch between formulas. However, it is with sound knowledge that both regular and special formulas contain all the nutrients your baby needs for growth and development. Therefore, no risk is taken when you switch completely to a different formula, so long as you are observant of any changes that might occur, such as vomiting, diarrhea or blood in the stool. Thus, it seems okay to switch from Enfamil Neuropro to Gentlease.
- Third myth, that your baby will eventually have to switch back to regular formula after using a special formula; you don’t need to switch back to a regular formula after a doctor had asked you to get a special formula for a baby’s special feeding need, as all formulas contain the necessary nourishment needed by babies for their development.
- That your baby must stool for a number of times; Do not compare stools for babies who are breastfed to those who are formula-fed when it comes to gauging stool, because it varies according to unknown factors. You should contact your physician if you’re concerned about your baby’s bowel movement or whether it’s okay to switch between Enfamil Neuropro to Gentlease.
- Fifith myth, that your baby who is allergic to cow’s milk must stay off it for life; If your baby is allergic to cow’s milk, that doesn’t mean they have to avoid dairy products for life. By the age of 5, those allergies soon clear away, hence your doctor may monitor the reintroduction of cow and dairy product into your baby’s diet.
What is the difference between Enfamil Neuropro and Neuropro Gentlease?
Although an innovation led to the formulation of Enfamil Neuropro and Neuropro Gentlease, both which are non-GMO formulas, with a blend of protein previously found in breastmilk. These are MFGM and DHA. However, the difference between Enfamil Neuropro as compared to Neuropro Gentlease is that, Neuropro Gentlease contains an easier-to-digest gentle protein and 1/5 lactose, while Enfamil Neuropro cannot boost of these.
Two, Enfamil Neuropro Gentlease boast of having all the required nutrients for brain development than Enfamil Neuropro and it contains ingredients to control upset stomachs, so as to prevent babies from crying, which is not the same with Enfamil Neuropro.
Are you still perplexed by the question is it okay to switch from Enfamil Neuropro to Gentlease? Let us dive into their ingredients.
Enfamil Neuropro Gentlease Ingredients
First, Enfamil Neuropro Gentlease comes in two variants of; Powder and Liquid form.
Whey protein concentrate solid, folic acid, corn syrup solid, non-fat milk, sodium citrate, soy lecithin, vitamin B12, manganese sulfate, vegetable oil, zinc sulfate, potassium chloride, calcium carbonate, magnesium phosphate, among others.
This is also called the ready to drink formula, because it is already in a processed form and you just have to open and feed your baby with it.
It ingredients include but are not limited to; water, corn syrup solids, potassium chloride, calcium carbonate, non-fat milk, rich starch, whey protein concentrate, vegetable oil, and riboflavin.
STORAGE OF ENFAMIL NEUROPRO IN ITS POWDERED FORM?
When you prepare your baby formula from a powder form, you should make sure it is covered and kept in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours.
Where you have opened a sealed formula container, you should ensure you keep it at room temperature. And be certain you use it up within 30 days.
STORAGE OF ENFAMIL NEUROPRO IN ITS LIQUID FORM?
You’re advised to feed your baby immediately you open a liquid form formula. When the formula is in an unopened bottle and cans, you should store it at room temperature. While if it opened, you should store it in the refrigerator for up to 48 hours at 35-40 degree F or 2-4 degree C. It is essential to note then above as it is required where is it okay to switch from Enfamil Neuropro to Gentlease? is in contention.
STORAGE OF ENFAMIL NEUROPRO IN ITS CONCENTRATED FORM?
Storing Enfamil Neuropro in its concentrated form is very simple. You should cover it and keep refrigerated for up to 48 hours
Now that you know the formulation of both formula, it’s ripe that we delve into answering the question is it okay to switch from Enfamil Neuropro to Gentlease?
Why do mothers decide to switch from Enfamil Neuropro to Gentlease?
One of the reasons why mothers decide to switch from Enfamil Neuropro to Gentlease is because they know that Enfamil Neuropro helps babies that spit up. Thus, mothers whose babies spit up often would consider to switch from Enfamil Neuropro to Gentlease.
Another reasons why mothers decide to switch from Enfamil Neuropro to Gentlease is because Enfamil Neuropro is cheaper in price as compared to Gentlease.
Third, mothers switch from Enfamil Neuropro to Gentlease because Gentlease eases fussiness in babies, crying and the passage of gas in infants.
Also, since Gentlease comes in sticks single pack serving, many mothers will consider to switch from Enfamil Neuropro which comes in Can to Gentlease.
Still want to know is it okay to switch from Enfamil Neuropro to Gentlease? See below…
Furthermore, simply for the fact that Enfamil Gentlease only comes in powdered form, so many mothers do consider switching it, since it had always been the conventional way of preparing infant formula, as against Enfamil Neuropro which gives you the option of picking between a powdered form or a liquid form.
After the exposition of why mothers decide to switch as it relates to the question is it okay to switch from Enfamil Neuropro to Gentlease? the next step is to know whether your child needs the switch.
How to know if your child needs Enfamil Gentlease?
Various signs come up for you to know when your child need Enfamil Gentlease. The first of which is when there is excessive fussiness. This occurs where your baby easily feels irritated or hard to please. This might be a clear indication that your baby might need Enfamil Gentlease, because it would definitely appear to you than your baby would normally do. Thus, it is okay to switch from Enfamil Neuropro to Gentlease?
Second, excess passage of gas is another sign your child needs Enfamil Gentlease. Kindly note that your child passes gas is not bad, but where the gas passage is frequent and uncontrollable, then it is ripe to give your child Enfamil Gentlease.
Diarrhea is one of the hint your child needs Enfamil Gentlease. When the stool is watery than it should be, then it is time to introduce your child to the use of Enfamil Gentlease.
Take note of these points when you switch from Enfamil Neuropro to Enfamil Gentlease
Weight: There is bound to be a change in weight of your baby, either a weight gain or weight loss, when you decide to switch from Enfamil Neuropro to Enfamil Gentlease. You should stay calm and be observant. You should only be circumspect when difference is not reasonable.
Diarrhea: Switching from Enfamil Neuropro to Gentlease should not cause diarrhea. Though you should expect there would be a change in bowel movement as a result of the change, but where the bowel movement is unusual, it is a clear indication to stop or visit your physician.
Allergic Reactions: children are not the same, and because a switch from Enafamil Neuropro to Gentlease goes well for a friend’s or Neighbor’s baby, does not give a green light that your baby would not have any allergic reaction. Since your baby’s health is paramount, you are advised to be on the lookout for any allergies that may arise from the use of or from the switch from Enfamil Neuropro to Gentlease.
Stomach upset: kindly be on the alert for stomach upset that may develop from the switch. The digestive system is a complex organ, and not all food passes the ‘Digestive Test,’ thus, as a result of the digestive system trying to adapt to the new formula being passed down into its system, stomach upset may develop which may cause your baby discomfort. It is therefore advisable to that you know your baby when they are uncomfortable at any time, especially when they feed.
What formula is the same as Enfamil Neuropro?
Similac 2 – FL HMO PRO Advance is the only formula that is same as Enfamil Neuropro based on the following reasons;
- It advances a close substitute to achieve the same effect using a 2’ – FL Human Milk Oligosaccharide for brain development, as Enfamil Neuropro uses MFGM (Milk Fat Globule Membrane) a fatty substance for the same result.
- Similac 2 – FL HMNO PRO Advance and Enfamil Neuropro uses DHA which contains omega-3 fatty acid for the proper functioning of the brain.
- Both formula boast of ingredients which has been previously found in breastmilk.
- The same amount of minerals, vitamins, proteins, fats and carbohydrates are found in both Similac and Enfamil Neuropro.
Though Similac 2 – FL HMO PRO Advance might prove to be similar in every respect to Enfamil Neuropro, but the most distinguishing factor that makes Enfamil Neuropro stand out is the uniqueness in the MFGM (Milk Fat Globule Membrane.)
Will changing formula affect my baby?
There is necessarily nothing wrong in switching between baby formulas. Though many parents have the fear that making a switch between baby formula might have an adverse effect on their baby, especially with stool passage or fussiness. However, you should know that the same type of formula of different brand contain same ingredients. As a matter of fact, you can mix the same formula from different brand once you’re sure your baby responds to a mixture of formulas well.
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) ensures that all brands of baby formula conform to the safety and use procedures, and are good for the market. This is done by making sure they contain the nutrients requirements set forth by them. Although brand-name and generic formulas might have slight difference in ingredients, they are always required by the FDA to adhere to the same federal requirements set for nutrition and safety.
For your safety, be sure to check for the ‘Best Before’ or expiration date before picking up any formula at the store. When your purchase is made online, kindly make sure you search for the expiration date before opening it so that you can return it while you still can.
In addition, you should pay attention to any odors, flavors and colors when you open and mix the formula.
Also, be certain your buy your formula from reputable retailers or stores. This is so because many expired formulas are sometimes repackaged and sold with their nutritional information altered. You should take this warning with ultimate priority especially if your baby has a health concern before, because feeding your baby with such a repackaged formula might have a very adverse effect on their health.
You should also be sure you’re reading instructions on all formulas whether new or the one you’ve been using for a while now. Do not assume to know the mixing instructions because you’re used to the formula or that the instructions will always be the same for all formulas.
Although you might be tempted to water down your baby’s formula so as to save cost, because it is a fact that baby formulas are always expensive. But you will be making a terrible mistake by doing this. For the reason that formulas are the only source of nutrition your infants have to grow.
When you add too much water, you tend to reduce the calories and the nutrients your baby has to grow and develop, and for their general well-being.
When you’re mixing formulas from two brands, you should mix each formula separately in a bowl, following the mixing requirement for each of the formula. Thereafter, you can mix both ready-mixed formula in your baby’s feeding bottle.
Is Enfamil Neuropro Gentlease good for newborns?
It is very essential that we begin this discussion by stating that pediatricians have recommended Enfamil Neuropro Gentlease as the number #1 formula brand. For these reasons and others, it is suitable for newborns.
Enfamil Neuropro formula is easily digestible and rarely causes fussiness or frequent burping by babies after a meal. The presence of MFGM in the baby formula has shown by research is necessary for baby’s cognitive development. It also contains complete nutrition for infants with proteins, vitamins, and minerals that are easy-to-digest. They contribute to boosting your baby’s immune system.
The presence of MFGM, a fat protein, which was formerly found in breast milk has made this formula top-notch and suitable for newborns.
As it has been examined above, whether it is okay to switch from Enfamil Neuropro to Gemtlease is definitely not a problem. Once you identify your baby’s needs and you deemed it fit, or more accurately, a pediatrician recommends you to switch from Enfamil Neuropro to Gentlease, then following through with the steps and guide on a switch from Enfamil Neuropro to gentlease would be so easy and comfortable for your baby. Note however that it pays to be observant of any reactions that may develop, though not necessarily, but as babies are different, your baby might not have any reaction whatsoever.
Mother’s reviews on if it is okay to switch from Enfamil Neuropro to Gentleease.
5.0 out of 5 stars Just as great as original Gentlease
Reviewed in the United States on December 4, 2018
I used the original Gentlease formula to supplement my son when he wasn’t gaining weight after the first two weeks. It worked well – he likes it, smelled much less terrible than the other formulas we tried. When they switched over to this new neuropro formula I was a little nervous, but no need to be – he switched over seamlessly and now at 5 months he is eating is exclusively. It’s a little pricey – but I think it’s worth the money. If I’m
not giving him breast milk then I want to give him the best formula money can buy, even if it costs a little extra – works well for mama and baby. 🙂
Frequently Ask Question about if is okay to switch from Enfamil Neuropro to Gentlease
Can I mix Enfamil Neuropro and Gentlease?
Yes, it is perfectly safe and you can mix Enfamil Neuropro and Gentlease. However, you should follow the instructions and proportion as indicated on each of the formula. Also, ensure that you do not add too much water so as not to dilute the nutrients.
 Lizzie Duszynski-Goodman (2021). Similac vs Enfamil: Which Baby Formula is Better?
Similac Alimentum with 2'-FL HMO Hypoallergenic Infant Formula, for Food Allergies and Colic, Suitable for Lactose Sensitivity, Ready-to-Feed Baby Formula, 32-oz Bottle (Case of 6)
- HYPOALLERGENIC: Our formula is suitable for lactose sensitivity and has broken-down protein that is easy to digest for babies with food allergies or colic due to protein sensitivity
- START FEELING BETTER TODAY: Similac Alimentum starts reducing colic symptoms due to protein sensitivity within 24 hours in most infants
- WITH AN IMMUNE-NOURISHING INGREDIENT: First and only hypoallergenic formula with 2 -FL HMO, an immune-nourishing ingredient
- EBT ELIGIBLE: Eligible to be purchased with Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) benefits in select stores; The SNAP name is a service mark of the US Department of Agriculture The USDA does not endorse any goods, services, or enterprises
Similac 360 Total Care Infant Formula, with 5 HMO Prebiotics, Our Closest Formula to Breast Milk, Non-GMO, Baby Formula, Ready-to-Feed, 8-fl-oz Bottle (Case of 24)
$54.48 in stock
- CLOSER TO BREAST MILK THAN EVER BEFORE: Similac 360 Total Care, our biggest formula breakthrough, has an exclusive blend of 5 HMO prebiotics structurally identical to those in breast milk
- 360 WHOLE-BABY SUPPORT: Nutrition designed for immune support, brain development, and digestive health
- HELPS STRENGTHEN THE IMMUNE SYSTEM: Similac 360 Total Care is designed to help strengthen baby’s immune system
- CONVENIENT & READY TO USE: Great for on-the-go and late-night feeding; no mixing required
Enfamil Poly-Vi-Sol Liquid Multivitamin Supplement for Infants and Toddlers, Assorted, No Flavor, 1.69 Fl Oz
$8.77 in stock
- MULTI-VITAMIN SUPPLEMENT FOR BABIES: Contains multivitamins for infants and toddlers
- Product Note: Exposure to heat or sunlight may lead to melting/damage of product. Hence customers are expected to be available during the product delivery
- SUPPORT GROWTH and DEVELOPMENT: Contains 8 essential vitamins to help support growth and development
- DID YOU KNOW: It is important to support your infants' growth with vitamins as they transition to solid foods around 4-6 months old
- #1 PEDIATRIC VITAMIN BRAND: From the maker of Enfamil which is also the #1 Pediatrician Recommended Infant Formula Brand
Kabrita Goat Milk Toddler Formula, 28 Oz
$38.99 in stock
- Your Toddler Will Love It: Made with premium Dutch goat milk, Kabrita is easy to digest and is specially created for your 12-24 month (1 to 2-year-old) toddler. Our naturally A2 milk formula will help keep your little one comfortable while supplementing, weaning, or when changing formulas due to tummy troubles.
- Gentle on Sensitive Tummies: Kabrita is a great cow milk alternative for children who experience minor issues associated with cow milk consumption. Its mild, sweet taste makes it a popular choice, even among picky eaters. We also use an adapted whey-to-casein protein ratio for even better digestibility.
- 24 Vitamins and Minerals: More than just plain goat milk, our A2 formula is fortified with important micronutrients recommended for use in baby formula. These include vitamin D, vitamin C, DHA, iron, and much more to support your growing child’s nutritional needs.
- Easy to Prepare: Just follow our simple 1:1 ratio by adding 2 ounces of water for every 2 scoops of powder. Fill the bottle with water before adding any powder to ensure accurate measurement. Adding water to powder can over-concentrate any baby & toddler formula.
- Dedicated Customer Service Team: Questions or issues with Kabrita? We're here to help. You can try Kabrita Goat Milk Toddler Formula confidently and add it to your toddler essentials.
Baby's Only Organic LactoRelief with DHA & ARA Toddler Formula, 12.7 Oz (Pack of 1) | Non GMO | USDA Organic | Clean Label Project Verified | Lactose Sensitivity | Baby Formula Powder
$17.51 in stock
- QUALITY ORGANIC NUTRITION: Our Sensitive with Organic DHA and ARA Toddler Formula* is the first organic milk-based formula intended for children with a sensitivity to lactose or those who have experienced a gastrointestinal illness
- NATURAL SOURCES: Our DHA and ARA is hexane free, unlike the DHA and ARA derived from algae or fungus sources
- FEATURES: Nature’s One strives to always make organic better, and in doing so, we actively seek the highest quality organic ingredients that meet both consumer needs and our demand to continuously improve our formulas
- NEW FLAT BLEND: Formulas now contain organic canola oil as a fat source in the products' fat blend
- MANUFACTURED: Baby's Only Organic Toddler Formula is made in the U.S.A.
Serenity Kids A2 Toddler Formula Powder, Vitamin and Nutrient Rich, Gluten Free, Grass Fed Organic Whole Milk, 12.7oz (1 Can)…
- EASY TO DIGEST NUTRIENT RICH FORMULA: Our A2 Whole Milk Toddler Formula is crafted with ingredients we are proud of like organic whole milk, A2 protein, nutrient-rich fats, high-quality carbs, DHA, ARA, HMOs, nucleotides, and superior vitamin sources.
- FAMILY OWNED COMPANY: We're here for you and your little one! If you have any questions, concerns or feedback, please reach out to us!
- GRASS FED ORGANIC A2 WHOLE MILK: We chose to include A2 beta-casein protein rather than A1 because many people find A2 easier to digest. One of the reasons may be because human milk is A2. In other words, A2 beta-casein protein is the most natural type of milk protein to the human body. A2 milk has the same taste as “traditional” A1 cow’s milk. This gives it an appeal over goat milk, sheep milk, and other alternative dairy products.
- NUTRIENT RICH FATS: Using human milk as a model, our formula contains eight different sources of healthy fats to create a well-rounded fatty-acid profile. We include organic whole milk, olive oil, coconut oil, sustainably sourced palm oil, cocoa butter, algal oil, sunflower lecithin, and egg lecithin. Other formulas use nonfat milk and add fat through cheaper, industrial seed oils like soy, canola, high-oleic sunflower, or palm olein.
- ORGANIC MILK LACTOSE: Nearly 40% of the calories from human milk are carbohydrates in the form of lactose and galactooligosaccharides. The carbs provide the energy a baby’s body needs to grow super fast. Most other formulas get their carbs from highly refined, grain-based sugars like corn syrup, rice syrup, and/or maltodextrin. In our formula, we’ve chosen lactose and galactooligosaccharides, which are both organic and derived from milk.
Gerber Good Start Plant Based Protein & Lactose Free Non-GMO Powder Infant Formula, Stage 1, 20 Ounce (Pack of 1)
- LACTOSE FREE NUTRITION: Modeled after the complete nutrition & gentleness of breastmilk, this Plant Based Protein & Lactose Free formula is designed for babies who need non dairy milk solutions
- LACTOSE FREE FORMULA: This lactose free formula provides plant based protein along with Calcium & Vitamin D for strong bones & teeth & DHA for brain & eye development
- GIVE YOUR BABY A GOOD START: Your baby’s nutritional needs evolve over time; That's why we created the Gerber Good Start line; Made to comfort your baby's tummy & available in a range of products
- WHOLESOME OPTIONS: Introduce your infant to complimentary staged products like single grain Cereals & 1st Foods fruit & veggie purees with Gerber infant formulas, probiotic supplements & more
- NUTRITION FOR GROWING: Like your baby, we're always growing & learning. More than ever we're committed to being your partner in parenthood with quality ingredients, nutritious food & expert guidance.
Vivonex Plus Unflavored 2.8 oz. Individual Packet Powder, 07129800 - Case of 36
|Size||2.8 Ounce (Pack of 36)|
Enfagrow NeuroPro Toddler Nutritional Drink, Natural Milk Flavor, Omega-3 DHA & MGFM for Brain Support, Prebiotics & Vitamins for Immune Health, Non-GMO, Ready to Use Bottle, 8 Fl Oz (24 Bottles)
- READY TO USE: Convenient and ready to use bottles, perfect for on-the-go moms
- FOR CHILDREN AGES 1+: Contains 26 milligrams of brain nourishing omega-3 DHA to assure brain support and rapid development
- PROPRIETARY TRIPLE HEALTH GUARD BLEND: Contains omega-3 DHA to provide brain support, baby probiotics and vitamins for immune support, and 22 total nutrients for growth
- RECIPES: Mix the Enfagrow powder or liquid into foods and snacks your toddler already loves - a very easy way to help get nutrients into their diet
- EXPERT RECOMMENDED DHA: Enfagrow Premium has expert recommended omega-3 DHA which supports brain development