Many moms wonder “What is the dairy free soy free infant formula?”.
Mothers know exactly the importance of breastfeeding. It is the best choice for their babies because of its specific nutrient that is not present in the normal formula.
So, the only choice in front of them is the bottle feeding program. This is because of several reasons. One of the biggest problems that moms face nowadays is working in child custody time. As they wake up early in the morning and come home at night.
This will affect the child’s dose of milk, so, it will affect the baby’s growth and development. It will also affect the development of the immune system and bone growth. Once they decide to choose the baby bottle formula, they will face another issue. These issues are confined to the type of formula that they will use. Because there are a lot of brands with different types in the markets.
so, which type will they use?. Which one is more suitable for their babies?. Does this type cause allergy to their babies or not?. Can they use different types of formula simultaneously, or are they restricted to just one type?. Will they begin with formula from day one of birth or they will postpone until their first year of life?. Do you need to take your doctor’s recommendations?.
A lot of questions in their minds that need peculiar answers for this particularly sensitive subject. So, we will answer all of it and more in this article.
What is the dairy free baby formula? And why do moms choose to use it?
Dairy-free baby formula is a type of formula that is free from any milk protein or a specific kind of carbohydrate called lactose.
The formula based on cow’s milk, which contains lactose, or proteins, is the best formula they can suckle for babies. But, there are times that moms need to get out of the normal way and choose another pass for the sake of their baby’s health.
Because their babies are sensitive to this kind of milk. Not all working moms choose the bottle feeding program as they want the best “breast milk” for their babies. But, this kind of allergy in their little one forces them to switch to the baby formula. But, how did they know if their babies are sensitive to breast milk or not?.
The mother will know either from her pediatrician or she will notice some behavioral and health changes. This is happening when she eats a specific type of food. Kelly’s mom said that the most type of food that triggers the sensitivity and the immune system in their babies, is when mothers drink cow’s milk. But, This is not the only allergic food as your baby may also be allergic to soy food.
So, you need to take care of which type of food you eat. That’s why mothers stop eating particular food by taking instructions from their pediatrician. But, this is not the only type of milk that babies have allergies towards but also the formulas. There are two types of formulas that babies suffer from hypersensitivity towards it. Babies are allergic to milk and soy formula.
So, if she will follow the baby formula program, she should give her baby a type of formula that is not milk or soy-based. This is according to the type of sensitivity that her baby has. She should give him a dairy free soy free infant formula.
How do moms know if their babies have allergies and sensitivity to this formula?
Allergy and sensitivity to a specific type of food are two different pathways. As allergy triggers the immune system while sensitivity triggers the digestive system. But, both are enough reasons that mothers need to stop using the regular formula.
If your infant has one of the following symptoms and signs, you need to eliminate this formula and refer to your doctor to choose a specific formula that is lactose and soy-free:
- Your baby may suffer from constipation or diarrhea.
- He may cry all the time for at least three weeks per month. And to be specific, three hours per day and three days per week. This crying because of the severity of pain that he suffers from colic.
- Babies may also have abdominal distentions due to the gasses that accumulate in their stomachs.
- Moms may also recognize allergic reactions that appear on their infants in a form of itching, eczema, and red areas the moment they suckle the formula.
- The babies who have a cow’s milk protein intolerance (CMPI) problem may suffer from one or more than one of the following symptoms. Moms may hear wheezes in their chest as a respiratory problem, vomiting, diarrhea, or constipation due to malabsorption. Rashes and eczema as skin manifestations also.
Healthline said that one percent of the breastfed babies and up to seven percent of bottle-fed babies have allergies to cow’s milk proteins.
After you see these symptoms in your baby do not hesitate to stop the formula, see the doctor, and put a plan with him. It is also important to know which type of formula causes these symptoms. After you stop this formula, you should determine with your doctor which type of dairy free soy free infant formula you need to choose.
What are the hypoallergenic formulas for dairy and soy intolerance?
There is a list of hypoallergenic formulas for dairy and soy intolerance that some companies offer. But before we talk about the dairy free soy free infant formula, let’s give a hint about lactose intolerance and cow’s milk protein intolerance babies. And how to determine which type your baby is? And how to manage this case?.
Although some children suffer from cow’s milk protein, others suffer from lactose formula. Those babies cannot take formulas that contain lactose as they don’t have the lactase enzyme that breaks and digests it. So, they struggle drinking it. But, can you know which type your baby is?.
The gap between those two is so small and tricky. So, It is difficult for you to determine which type is your baby, and it is always safe to take your doctor’s consultation. He will know better which type your baby is. After that, you need to choose a dairy free soy free infant formula. If the doctor decides that he is lactose intolerant, he will take a lactose-free formula. If he has an allergy to milk’s protein, he will stop dairy products.
Let’s get to know the List of lactose free formulas:
First of all, you need to know that lactose-free formula is made from the milk of cows. But after they remove the lactose sugar and replace it with another type of sugar. So, the lactose in this formula is zero percent. And in the lactose-free formula, they use a source of energy that is based on corn.
On the contrary, the low lactose formula contains a minimal amount of lactose sugar. you may think that this small amount may affect the lactose intolerance babies with the symptoms that we mentioned above. But, don’t worry it doesn’t. On the contrary, it helps babies who have general discomfort, gassy, and spit-up tolerate the formula. because its taste is acceptable.
Some of the companies produce a product that is suitable for all types of allergies. So, if you are confused about which one to choose, the only way is to take your doctor’s recommendation.
- You can use Enfamil Prosobee.
- There is also Similac pro sensitive.
- Similac soy isomil.
- Your doctor may also recommend Baby’s Only Organic LactoRelief Formula or Enfamil Nutramigen.
Be aware that not all of them have a cheap price. Enfamil nutramigen is a hydrolyzed formula that has an expensive price. This type also does not work directly after the first or the second use. it may need two weeks to appear its effect on a baby that you replace his cow’s milk formula with a lactose-free formula.
If your baby is diagnosed with a lactose-free formula and you are going to introduce solid food, don’t give him yogurt or cheese. Because they are also dairy products that lead to malabsorption, eczema, rashes, vomiting, or even respiratory distress.
Check Enfamil Prosobee price:
What are the lactose-free formula side effects?
When you replace breast milk or the lactose formula with lactose-free formula, you will notice the difference in your baby’s stool. As the stool of your baby becomes thicker and harder than before. This is because the lactose-free formula has a high viscosity and is thicker and harder than any other formula.
This will make it difficult to digest and absorb. So, before you give your baby the lactose-free formula, you will recognize the loose and watery stool. That‘s because of his intolerance to lactose formula. But, this stool becomes firmer after you switch to lactose-free formula. But, the stool consistency is not the consistency of constipation. That was the only con that people talk about in the lactose-free formula.
The following was one of the dairy free soy free infant formulas. And that parents could use for their babies whenever they doubt. They can use it when they notice that their baby has hypersensitivity and allergy to cow’s milk proteins or the formula that contains lactose sugar.
Similac lactose-free formula:
One of the most popular examples of dairy free soy free infant formula is Similac lactose-free formula. It is also called Similac sensitive formula. They design this formula specifically for babies who have sensitive tummies. It is also used to get rid of any gases and fussiness.
This lactose-free formula is also made of some nutrients to support your baby’s growth and development. Not just that, it also supports the development of your baby’s eye and brain and enhances his cognitive functions. But, take care not to use it for babies who suffer from galactosemia.
Why does it support your baby’s eyes and brain development?
Because this formula has specific integrants to help in this process. As it contains lutein, DHA, and vitamin E. All of these integrants are presented in breast milk too. So, this formula somehow mimics breast milk, the best milk the baby could have in his life except that it is lactose-free.
Does it enhance the building of strong bones and facilitate digestion?
Yes, it does. This formula contains two integrants for those processes. It contains no palm olein oil. This will stimulate the perfect calcium absorption. So, this will prevent any softness of bones or what is called rickets diseases. This disease comes for the babies who have vitamin D deficiency so, they can not absorb the calcium.
This will lead to bow legs or knock knees. It may also cause a delay in the closure of fontanels that makes his head bulge and have craniotabes. This child will also suffer from kyphosis, scoliosis, or even lumbar lordosis. He may present with recurrent chest infection because of these soft ribs. But, Similac’s sensitive formula prevents all of this to happen.
It also contains prebiotics to develop the digestive system.
Does this formula contain any growth hormones?
This formula is made without any growth hormones. This formula is also not based on the genetically engineered field.
That’s why the Similac sensitive formula is the first brand that moms choose and recommend.
Check it on Amazon:
Do you know brands of soy free baby formula in markets?
The only product that does not contain soy oil in the U.S. is neocate. They made this formula because of hypersensitive babies towards this soy oil. They also made it because some babies who have an allergy to cow’s milk protein are also allergic to the soy formula. This hypersensitivity may appear as skin manifestations like itching, eczema, or acne all over the body.
It may also appear as respiratory manifestations as asthma attacks. This does not end by this as it may also cause disturbance in the hormonal and the endocrine functions. This is because most of the soy oil contains estrogen that leads to disturbance in the normal estrogen level in the infant’s body if they have an allergy to it. So, Neaocate is considered one of the dairy free soy free infant formulas.
There are other examples for hypoallergenic formula as Gerber extensive HA and Similac alimentum
Does Similac company produce a Similac soy free formula?
They do not produce any type of formula that has zero percent of soy oil. Almost all the Similac formulas contain some sort of soy oil. But, there is the Similac alimentum formula which is considered one of the dairy free soy free infant formulas. This formula contains just eight percent of soy oil. But, this small amount does not provoke the immune system and allergic reactions.
This formula can stop the cry of babies who have cow’s milk protein allergies within twenty-four hours. It is a lactose-free formula for hypersensitive and lactose intolerant babies. It gives soft stools like breast milk. It also has DHA and ARA for your baby’s cognitive growth and eye development.
This formula can break down proteins. So, it will be hypoallergenic for babies who have food allergies. It also facilitates formula digestion and absorption. Similac alimentum formula is also made of several oils for the easy digestive and absorptive processes. Thirty-three percent of its fats are made of medium-chain triglyceride which fits the lactose sensitivity.
Some of the integrants of this dairy free soy free infant formula:
- Corn maltodextrin(thirty-five percent).
- Sugar( fifteen percent).
- Soy oil (eight percent).
- High oleic safflower oil (ten percent).
- Medium-chain triglyceride (ten percent).
- Calcium, phosphate, and potassium citrate.
- Ascorbic acid, L-cystine dihydrochloride, and magnesium chloride.
People reviews this Similac alimentum the dairy free soy free infant formula:
- My child used to cry due to the colic pains that he suffers. But once he took this formula, my life did change by one hundred percent.
- My twin boys felt discomfort and their faces turned red and they spit out a lot of mucus.
Check its price on Amazon:
Enfamil ProSobee Soy-Based Infant Formula for Sensitive Tummies, Dairy-Free, Lactose-Free, Milk-Free, and DHA for Brain Support, Plant-Sourced Protein Powder Can, 20.9 Oz
- Soy-based alternative to milk-based formula—milk-free, suitable for infants with lactose intolerance and dairy-free—great for families with special dietary concerns like lactose sensitivity or families who follow vegetarian or Kosher diets
- Soy for sensitive tummy; helps reduce fussiness and gas due to sensitivity to milk-based formulas
- Enfamil ProSobee has the same DHA as Enfamil routine formula, shown to foster a child’s learning ability up to age 5
- Conveneint Ready to Use Bottles
Earth's Best Organic Dairy Infant Powder Formula with Iron, Omega-3 DHA and Omega-6 ARA, 32 Ounce
- INFANT NUTRITION: Our closest formula to breast milk, this easy-to-digest organic formula is made with wholesome ingredients and nutrients that support immunity, brain development, and eye development
- EASY TO PREPARE: Simple-to-follow directions on the back of the formula container help you prepare your little one’s baby bottle with the right water-to-formula powder ratio for their feeding needs
- FIRST 12 MONTHS: Support development and nourish your baby from their first day to their first birthday
- EARTH'S BEST: Explore our full line of baby nutrition to find more sensitive baby formulas, gentle formulas, plant-based formulas, and toddler formulas
- 32 OZ FORMULA CONTAINER: Includes one 32 oz container of Earth's Best Organic Dairy Infant Formula
Enfamil Infant Formula, Milk-based Baby Formula with Iron, Powder Can, 21.1 Oz (Pack of 4)
- A Neuro Completed formula that has important nutrients, such as brain-nourishing choline and DHA
- Enfamil Infant formula is tailored to meet the nutritional needs of babies aged 0 through 12 months.
- Enfamil is the #1 infant formula brand recommended by pediatricians.
- Enfamil Infant also has a dual prebiotics blend designed to help support a baby's own natural defenses
- #1 TRUSTED BRAND: Enfamil is the #1 Trusted Brand for Brain-building & Immune Support
Happy Baby Organics Infant Formula, Milk Based Powder with Iron Stage 2, 21 Ounce (Pack of 1) packaging may vary
- Modeled After Breast Milk & made with carefully sourced premium ingredients, this formula is made with organic lactose the principal carbohydrate found in breast milk. Our formula provides key vitamins and minerals that are found naturally in breast milk.
- With 4X More Prebiotics than most other organic infant formula, our formula delivers two prebiotics, GOS & FOS, Fibers that mimic the function of prebiotics found naturally in breast milk, which promote healthy gut bacteria in infants. No corn syrup. State of Readiness: Ready to Eat
- Happy Baby: At Happy Baby Organics, we provide organic and delicious options for your baby's nutritional journey. We develop premium organic recipes perfectly matched with your child's age and stage. This is enlightened nutrition for every family.
- Mindfully Made: We develop premium organic recipes perfectly matched with your child's age and stage. Explore our snacks & meals for growing babies, toddlers & kids, from baby food pouches to freeze-dried yogurt treats, organic Cereals & Toddler Snacks.
- Happy Baby: For happy tummies and Happy Tots, try Happy Baby's full line of baby food pouches, organic Cereals, teething wafers & baby snacks and more
Plant based Baby Formula, 4 Powdered Cans, (20.9 Oz each), Enfamil ProSobee for Sensitive Tummies, Soy-based, Plant Sourced Protein, Lactose-free, Milk free
$142.51 in stock
- DAIRY-FREE FORMULA: Enfamil ProSobee baby formula powder is a completely lactose and dairy free, soy formula alternative to milk-based baby formula
- POWDER FORMULA FOR MILK SENSITIVITY: Dairy free formula helps ease Fussiness, Gas Colic caused by sensitivity to milk based formulas
- COMPLETE NUTRITION: Gentle formula tailored for your baby through their first 12 months
- INFANT FORMULA: Enfamil - Infant formula recommended by Pediatricians
- SUPPORTS COGNITIVE-BRAIN DEVELOPMENT: Enfamil ProSobee has the same brain-nourishing DHA levels as Enfamil routine formula to foster cognitive brain development
Enfamil NeuroPro Ready-to-Use Baby Formula, Ready to Feed, Brain and Immune Support with DHA, Iron and Prebiotics, Non-GMO, 32 Fl Oz Bottle, Pack of 6
- READY TO USE: Convenient and ready to use bottles, perfect for on-the-go moms
- EXPERT RECOMMENDED DHA: Enfamil NeuroPro Infant has expert recommended brain building DHA
- HuMO6 IMMUNE BLEND: Enfamil NeuroPro Infant has an exclusive HuMO6 immune blend for immune support
- BRAIN-BUILDING NUTRITION: Get brain building nutrition inspired by breast milk from Enfamil
- ONLY BRAND TO HAVE TRIPLE PREBIOTIC IMMUNE BLEND: Enfamil is the only brand to have both expert-recommended DHA & triple prebiotic immune blend
Enfamil Nutramigen Baby Formula, Hypoallergenic, Lactose Free Formula with Enflora LGG, Fast Relief from Crying & Colic, DHA for Brain Support, Ready to Feed Bottle, 32 Fl Oz (Pack of 6)
- ON THE GO: Convenient and ready to use bottles, perfect for late night feedings or on-the-go moms
- HELPS TO EASE COLIC: Delivers clinically proven relief when managing colic due to cow’s milk allergy for a happier, better-rested baby & mom
- FAST RELIEF TODAY: Nutramigen starts to reduce excessive crying* in less than 24 hours
- BRAIN SUPPORT: Nutramigen is a gentle, lactose free baby formula that has important nutrients found in breast milk such as omega-3 DHA, ARA, and choline that provide brain support
- #1 TRUSTED BRAND: Enfamil is the #1 Trusted Brand for Brain-building & Immune Support
Enfamil NeuroPro Baby Formula, Triple Prebiotic Immune Blend with 2'FL HMO & Expert Recommended Omega-3 DHA, Inspired by Breast Milk, Non-GMO, Refill Box, 31.4 Oz, Pack of 4 (Packaging May Vary)
- EXPERT RECOMMENDED DHA: Enfamil NeuroPro has expert recommended DHA which provides brain-building nutrition
- BRAIN-BUILDING NUTRITION: Get brain building nutrition inspired by breast milk from Enfamil
- SUPPORT FOR YOUR INFANT: Complete nutrition for babies through 12 months, easy-to-digest proteins and dual prebiotics for immune health
- #1 INFANT FORMULA: Enfamil - #1 Infant formula recommended by Pediatricians
- SNAP ELIGIBLE: Eligible to be purchased with Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) benefits
Baby Storage Feeding Box for Kids Food PP Box Formula Milk Storage Infants Portable Milk Powder Formula Dispenser Food Container
$4.73 in stock
To sum up
- Dairy free soy free infant formula is a type of that is free milk protein or a specific kind of sugar called lactose. It is also devoid of any soy oil
- The formula based on cow’s milk proteins, which contain lactose or proteins is the best formula they can suckle. But, there are times that moms need to get out of the normal way and choose another path for the sake of their baby’s health.
- Similac lactose-free formula is one of the dairy free soy free infant formulae. Because of the specific integrants of this formula, this formula can work on the brain and eye development. As it contains lutein, DHA, and vitamin E. All of these integrants are present in breast milk too.
- Lactose-free formula somehow mimics breast milk in its integrants except that it is devoid of lactose sugar.
- If you notice any allergic reactions on your baby you need to take your doctor’s consultation. This hypersensitivity may be in the form of respiratory distress and wheezes. It may also be a problem in the digestive system such as vomiting, diarrhea, constipation, severe colic, maldigestion, and absorption. It may be in the form of skin manifestations such as acne, eczema, itching, and red spots.
- Hypoallergenic, Dairy-Free, Soy and Lactose-Free Baby Formulas
- Top 9 Dairy-Free and Alternative Infant Formulas – The Baby’s Brew
- Why Choose Soy-Free Dairy-Free Formula for Baby | Else
- Similac® Alimentum® Hypoallergenic Infant Formula, for Food Allergies and Colic, Lactose-Free Ready-to-Feed Formula, 1 Quart (Case of 6)
- Similac Sensitive®* Infant Formula, for Fussiness & Gas Due to Lactose Sensitivity, Baby Formula, Powder, 1.41 lb
- What Is Lactose-Free Formula?