16 weeks pregnant, The small muscles in your baby’s body are becoming stronger! This week, your baby’s head is erect, and coordinated arm and leg motions are beginning to appear. What else has happened in the last 16 weeks pregnant? Your baby’s ears are getting closer to their final position, and it’s likely that he or she can hear sounds now or in the coming weeks. Don’t be afraid to chat and sing to your child.
16 weeks pregnant
You might be able to see your baby’s external genitalia if you get an ultrasound at 16 weeks pregnant.
If the scan doesn’t reveal it clearly,
It could be a few more weeks before your healthcare professional can tell you whether you’re having a boy or girl – assuming you want to know!
You can download a complete pregnancy guide from amazon
The Fetus’s size
Your fetus is now the size of an apple at 16 weeks.
From crown to rump, your baby could be more than 4 1/2 inches long and weigh close to 4 ounces.
It’s difficult to visualize what your baby looks like inside your uterus’s amniotic sac.
Take a look at the illustration below to get a sense of what I’m talking about.
You’ve reached the midway point of your pregnancy in just four weeks. Are you getting enough shut-eye and rest?
During pregnancy, most healthcare experts recommend sleeping on your side.
Sleeping on your stomach at 16 weeks pregnant can be painful,
And specialists believe that resting on your back puts too much strain on the vena cava, the major vessel that returns blood to the heart.
Sleeping on your left side improves circulation, which allows more blood to reach the fetus, uterus, and kidneys.
If you’re still having difficulties finding a comfortable sleeping position,
Try putting a cushion between your knees and using another to support your abdomen.
If you’re still having trouble, go to your doctor.
You may feel your baby move for the first time sometime between now and 20 weeks, or even later.
This is referred to as quickening. But don’t worry if you haven’t picked up on anything yet.
Your baby is still extremely small, and each pregnancy is unique.
Your Symptoms at 16 Weeks Pregnant
Here are some of the symptoms you can be experiencing at 16 weeks pregnant:
The appearance of the skin changes.
You’ve probably heard of the “pregnancy glow,” and now is your chance to experience it!
Pregnant skin can appear flushed and dewy due to increased blood volume in the blood vessels and pregnancy hormones producing increased oil production.
Although many women enjoy the way their skin looks around this time,
It’s also possible to get dark spots known as melasma (which normally vanish after your baby is delivered) or have an acne flare-up.
Wash your face twice a day with a mild cleanser and lukewarm water to help prevent breakouts.
You can also get advice from your doctor or dermatologist.
Do you have the sensation that the room is spinning? Some expectant mothers experience dizzy episodes.
Dizziness could be a side effect of pregnancy hormones that cause a change in circulation.
Avoid standing for long amounts of time and stay hydrated.
Related: Early pregnancy discharge in detail
Finally, 16 weeks pregnant, At this stage, being pregnant can be a lot of fun! Early pregnancy symptoms may have faded, and you should have more energy. Stay moderately active during this time by going for walks, swimming, or doing prenatal yoga.
We're Pregnant! The First Time Dad's Pregnancy Handbook
$8.06 in stock
138 used from $1.46
|Number Of Pages||292|
Easy@Home 50 Ovulation Test Strips and 20 Pregnancy Test Strips Combo Kit, (50 LH + 20 HCG)
- ✔Specially designed for “trying to conceive” women to get pregnant naturally: These Easy@Home ovulation tests give women a greater chance of predicting their most fertile days, even if their cycle lengths vary. Pregnancy tests can tell pregnancy sooner than a missed period. The Easy@Home 50 Ovulation Test Strips and 20 Pregnancy Test Strips Kit are supported by the Premom Ovulation Predictor App.
- ✔The ovulation test strips help to track your ovulation progression, and minimize the chances of missing your LH surge. Levels of hCG as low as 25 mIU/ml can be detected in 5 minutes.
- ✔Easy to test: simply dip the test in your urine until the dye rises into the result window (approximately 5 - 10 seconds).
- ✔Easy to read: Ovulation tests -- a test line as dark or darker than the control line indicates a positive result. Pregnancy tests -- two lines means pregnant and one line means not pregnant.
- ✔Customer Satisfaction: Contact our experienced and professional customer service with any questions you may have. Refunds or returns are acceptable by brand owner, who is dedicated to being the best provider of home health tests.
Waiting in Wonder: Growing in Faith While You're Expecting
92 used from $1.22
|Number Of Pages||400|
First Response Early Result Pregnancy Test, 3 Pack (Packaging & Test Design May Vary)
$12.98 in stock
- First Response Early Result Pregnancy Test with EasyRead App is over 99% accurate from the day of your expected period.
- Results 6 DAYS SOONER than your missed period*
- Scan & Confirm results for free with EasyRead app. EasyRead instantly converts your pregnancy test lines into the words "Pregnant" or "Not Pregnant”.
- First Response Pregnancy Tests detects all forms of the pregnancy hormone*
- Read your result in just 3 minutes
The Italian's Pregnant Cinderella (Passion in Paradise Book 8)
|Number Of Pages||138|
Pregnancy week by week
- 9, 10, 11, 12 weeks pregnant
- 13, 14, 15, 16 weeks pregnant
- 17, 18, 19, 20 weeks pregnant
- 21, 22, 23, 24 weeks pregnant
- 25, 26, 27, 28 weeks pregnant
The Whole 9 Months: A Week-By-Week Pregnancy Nutrition Guide with Recipes for a Healthy Start
$14.39 in stock
161 used from $1.43
|Number Of Pages||222|
Piano Sonata No. 16 in G Major, Op. 31, No. 1: II. Adagio grazioso
Pregnancy Fitness DVD:Body By Trimester - Box Set
|Is Adult Product|
One A Day Women's Prenatal 1 Multivitamin, Supplement for Before, During, and Post Pregnancy, Including Vitamins A, C, D, E, B6, B12, and Omega-3 DHA, 90 Count
$33.88 in stock
- A complete prenatal multivitamin that provides nutritional support for women before, during, and after pregnancy
- Product Note: Exposure to heat or sunlight may lead to melting/damage of product. Hence customers are expected to be available during the product delivery
- With key nutrients, like folic acid, DHA, iron and calcium all in one single soft gel
- Provides 100% of the daily value of folic acid; Gluten free
- OBGYN recommended prenatal brand. Free of diary
Ziola Women's Maternity Swimsuit One Piece Front Cross Swimsuit V-Neck Pregnancy Swimwear Monokini
- 【Material】Ziola Maternity swimsuit one piece bathing suit. High quality and stretchy fabric for ultimate comfort and fashion.82% Polyester 18% Spandex
- 【SIZE INFO】Measurements are for the bust: (S) 30-32" (M) 32-34" (L) 34-36" (XL) 36-38" (XXL) 38-40".We recommend to choose one size larger if you have a large bust or hips.
- 【Features】V-neck, Front cross, Removable padded cups and adjustable shoulder straps provides shape and support, ruched sides to flatter your growing baby belly.
- 【EASY TO MATCH】This maternity swimsuit easy to match with your flaterring breathable swimsuit cover up or lace cardigian.
- 【Occasions】Suitable for Pool, Beach, Party, SPA and vacations.
Vetinee Women's Black Classic Adjustable Straps Cuffed Folded Rolled Hem Denim Jean Bib Overall Shorts Small (US 4-6)
- Women's denim overall shorts feature buckle adjustable straps, side button closures and frayed hem.
- A bib pocket and functional pockets on the sides and back. It's convenient for you to carry small things.
- This jean romper looks cute to pair with t shirt or causal crop tops. Comfortable and soft fabric.
- Occasion: casual wear, daily wear, club, street, shopping, spring, summer, vacation and so on.
- Size Small fits size 4 - size 6, size Medium fits size 8 - size 10, size Large fits size 12 - size 14, size X-Large fits size 16 - size 18, size XX-Large fits size 20 - size 22.
Healthy Pregnancy Bible
- Pregnancy & What to Expect
- Pregnancy Emotions & Moods
- Pregnancy and Nutrition
- Pregnancy and Fitness
- Youtube Video Channel
Palmer's Cocoa Butter Formula Massage Lotion For Stretch Marks, Pregnancy Skin Care, 8.5 Ounces
$8.99 in stock
- Stretch Mark Lotion: This non greasy lotion is ideal for all over body use to improve skin elasticity, texture and tone and is widely recommended for stretch marks during and after pregnancy or weight fluctuation
- Natural Factors: This lotion features Pure Cocoa Butter and Shea Butter, Natural Oils, Collagen, Elastin and Lutein keep skin moisturized and supple for 48 hours, allowing skin to stretch more easily
- Finest Ingredients: We strive to use only the finest natural, raw ingredients to bring you soft, hydrated and beautiful hair and skin; We support sustainable production of Shea and Cocoa Butter and Coconut Oil worldwide
- Choose What's Real: Our beauty products and hair and skin treatments feature real high quality, plant based ingredients in formulas that really work to hydrate and soften, from lip balm to bar soap to body butter
- Palmer's: Our Cocoa Butter, Coconut Oil, Shea Butter, Olive Oil, and Vitamin E product lines include creams, balms, lotions, oils and soaps for hand and body, face, lip, sun care, hair care and pregnancy and stretch mark care
Easy@Home Ovulation Test Strips, 25 Pack Fertility Tests, Ovulation Predictor Kit, FSA Eligible, Powered by Premom Ovulation Predictor iOS and Android App, 25 LH Strips
$9.99 in stock
- ✔Specially designed for "Trying to conceive” women to get pregnant naturally: Easy@Home ovulation tests give women a greater chance of predicting their most fertile days, even if their cycle lengths are variable.
- ✔ Easy to Use: Dip the test, check the result, and snap a picture. The Premom APP will automatically align your valid test results for visible progression tracking. You can track and view your cycle, fertility window, and predictions at any time. No need to keep the old urine test results anymore!
- ✔ Easy to Read: A test line as dark or darker than the control line indicates a positive result. Clear and solid lines help to pick up the most fertile time without guess.
- ✔ Accurate and Reliable: Levels of LH as low as 25 mIU/ml can be detected within 5 to 10 minutes. Accurate at detecting your LH surge.
- ✔ Customer Satisfaction: Contact our experienced and professional customer service with any questions you may have.