Is unisom safe during pregnancy?
Unisom safe during pregnancy, Unisom sliptabs is a medicine people take to fall asleep or stay asleep. It is also common to take during pregnancy to help with nausea and vomiting. The main ingredient in Unisom is doxylamine succinate, which makes a person feel sleepy. Unisom may be taken at bedtime as tablets or capsules, but the active ingredient may be diphenhydramine or doxylamine, what is unisom safe during pregnancy?
What is unisom safe during pregnancy?
Unisom safe during pregnancy, Diphenhydramine, the active ingredient in medications such as Benadryl, is another antihistamine that may sound familiar.
Unisom works by preventing the body from producing histamine and acetylcholine.
Unisom is most likely to be prescribed to pregnant women who suffer from nausea and vomiting on a regular basis.
Unisom can be taken as tablets or capsules before bedtime, but the active ingredient may be diphenhydramine or doxylamine.
Pregnancy and breastfeeding
Many expectant mothers who use Unisom have reported some bad side effects including:
- Feeling dizzy or lethargic the next morning.
- Anxiety and nervousness.
- Dry mouth and strange taste in the mouth.
However, the FDA claims that Unisom is generally safe during pregnancy.
Smaller doses should not cause problems with breastfeeding.
However, large doses or long-term use may cause drowsiness, irritability and colic symptoms in babies. It may also reduce your milk supply.
Related: What week of pregnancy am i in
How to take Unisom
- Use Unisome exactly as directed by your doctor.
- Do not use it length of time longer than recommended.
- Do not use Unisom on a child younger than 6 years old. Ask a doctor first.
- Always ask a doctor before giving a child a cold or allergy medicine.
- Take the medicine with food or milk.
- Call your doctor if your cold or allergy symptoms do not improve after 7 days of treatment.
Drug interactions with Unisom
- Monoamine oxidase inhibitors such as MARPLAN and NARDIL.
- Potassium supplements EG CHLOR -Con.
- Cancer drugs such as MATULAN.
- Parkinson’s disease medications such as AZILECT.
- Other antihistamines EG Benadryl.
- Medicines for sleep or anxiety such as Valium or Xanax.
- Medicines for mood disorders or depression EG Risperdal.
- Muscle relaxants such as LIOREZAL.
Related: Pregnancy test with salt
Urivine capsules and tablets
Unisom safe during pregnancy, Unisom tablets containing doxylamine help you fall asleep 33% faster.
To adults and children 12 years of age or older, take one tablet 30 minutes before bedtime or as directed by a physician
These liquid-filled softgels don’t leave a chalky taste like tablets, and with Dphenhydramine as the sleep aid active ingredient.
For adults and children 12 years of age or older, take one softgel at bedtime as needed or as directed by your doctor.
In the end, Unisom safe during pregnancy, Consider the risks and benefits of Unisom before taking it. If your sleep is so severely disrupted that you cannot function and carry out your daily tasks, you must see your doctor.