In today’s digital world, kids may lack the development of important skills that can be vital throughout life. Playing a game has its utmost importance for the children when it comes to building skills. Some children prefer playing mobile electronic games while others enjoy engaging in board games and social activities at the same time. Mobile games have become a trend with the advancement in technology but board games for kids are equally important. A wide range of such games is available for all ages. Whether it’s a simple game using colors and shapes or more involved ones, such games can help your kid develop many skills.
In this article, we will take a deeper insight into the best kids games for 2020. But, knowing about the importance or benefits of such games can help you make effective decisions for your children.
Importance of Kids Games
Games can help your child develop many skills that will serve them in the future. Math is always involved in kids’ games whether it is about counting spaces to move a marker or handling play money. With the help of games, basic math skills can be easily learned.
Take a look at what benefits can games yield for your kids of all ages.
They offer opportunities for early learning
Learning matters the most for your children that should start at an early stage of life. When your kid gets engaged with even simple games, identifying colors, counting spaces, moving cards around the board can become great sources of learning. Some games make your child follow the rules and wait for the turn, and serve as important lessons of life.
Helps in your kids’ brain development
Strategic games are an easy way to encourage the brain development of your kids. Such games help the frontal lobes of the brain development. For instance, when you get involved in kids board games with your children, they are more likely to learn basic strategies of various games.
Reading games boost their language skills
Games can be handy for pre-school kids or school-aged kids to learn language skills. Reading games can result in expanding their vocabulary and spelling skills. Some games require your kids to read on cards that can enhance reading skills. Hence, alongside a way of fun, games for kids can boost their language and other essential skills.
Bearing all these positive aspects of games in mind, it is essential for your kids to be a part of such games. While playing various games such as checkers, your children can develop problem-solving, reasoning, and future-thinking skills by deploying strategies and looking at upcoming move opportunities. Likewise, games that involve drawing pictures or acting a scene can help in the development of creative skills.
The Best Kids Games You Need To Buy in 2020
4 used from $9.19
Hasbro designed this amazing game, especially for 5 or more years old kids. It is a 15-minute game that requires careful looking and thinking regarding which plastic needle to pull by avoiding the marble to drop at the same time. It’s great fun for kids playing such a wonderful yet challenging game. This game adds tension and a cautious approach for your kids to observe where the load-bearing needles are and make the movements accordingly. Steady hands and a cool head are what needed to remove the sticks below the marbles.
- Kerplunk is easy to learn the game because no as such readings are required to play this amazing kids’ game. It offers so much fun to play with your kids.
- The setup of the game requires a few simple steps and provides more playtime.
- It’s ideal for 5 years old & up and provide fun competition – don’t let the marbles drop!
- The tensioning aspect of the game makes your kid able to make effective decisions.
- Can be played with kids of all ages and it is language independent.
- Easy setup and fun competition
- Best for 2-4 players
- Putting the sticks into holes might be difficult for your child.
It is another interesting game for kids that require them to move around the board and gather the clues about the missing prized pot. Players can use an evidence scanner to determine who the suspect is. It can be played by 2-4 players and best for kids of over 5 years old. Each round of the game takes a minimum of 20-30 minutes. This game helps children to interact in a setting and develop relationships. As a result, strong bonds can build among them by playing such fun games for kids. A little one will extremely enjoy playing this simple and mindful game.
Pros & Cons
- It enables kids to know about detectives where they move around the board and collect clues.
- The instruction manual comes in both English and Spanish Languages.
- Best for 2-4 players.
- It encourages social interaction among the kids
- There is no such challenge and the goal is simple
- Instructions might be hard to understand.
Hasbro monopoly junior board games for kids are designed for younger ones and possess kid-friendly properties. Monopoly games are often considered as strategic and complicated ones. However, it is simple to play with 4 favorite tokes such as Little Hazel, Toy Car, Little Scottie, and the famous hat worn by Mr. Monopoly. Players need to move their tokens around the board and buy the properties the like including a zoo and a video game arcade. This junior version of the game is specifically designed for child level and it helps in learning various skills like math, future-thinking, trading, etc.
Pros & Cons
- It has been made kid-friendly.
- An ideal game for kids over the age of 5 years old.
- Can easily be played by 2-4 players
- Helps in the development of cognitive skills
- Each game has 20-40 minutes of gameplay.
- It only includes one-dollar bills
1 used from $18.39
Being an award-winning game, it enables pre-readers to match words and pictures on playing cards. Zinger device is used to reveal the titles. It’s one of the amazing kids board games when it comes to enhancing reading or language skills. A player with a full card wins the game. This game comes up with high-quality components designed for high-durability. Moreover, Zingo develops critical thinking skills by offering fun challenging activities. It comprises of 6 double-sided Zingo, 72 double-sided English tiles, and cards with 2 levels of play.
- It provides a clear and high-quality instruction manual that helps your kids start playing right away.
- It is one of the popular games by a reputable provider. It has won many awards including a three-time Toy of Year Nominee, and Parents’ Choice Awards, which make it fun games for kids ages 4 and up.
Pros & Cons
- Parent’s Guide
- 2-6 players can easily play
- Pattern recognition and sight wordsf
- Zinger with an easy cleanup
- Ties happen often in Zingo.
1 used from $24.80
Based on theme food and fruits, it is one of the best kids games that you need to buy in 2020. In this cool game, kids require to gather all the fruits from the trees before the raven reaches to them. A die roll is used and kids can either pick fruit to add into the basket or move the raven one step closer to the trees. In case, players harvest all the fruit before raven get closer to the orchard, they win together. However, if they fail to do so, they lose together against the quickest raven. First Orchard is a cooperative game designed for 2 years old or more age’s kids to endorse various essential skills such as social skills, color recognition skills. It also helps them in counting by ones.
- It is a non-competitive and cooperative game that enhances the learning of kids.
- A series of additional hints and tips and game rules are easy to follow.
- It just takes 10 minutes to decide on the winner with kids cheering “Again, Again.”
Pros & Cons
- 2 or more years old can easily understand
- High-quality game pieces
- Color recognition skills
- The collaborative nature of the game makes kids able to process wins and losses better
- It only teaches color coordination
Kid games are great sources of learning and various essential skills for your children. Such games foster social interactions and cognitive skills among them. You need to buy from the best kids games discussed above for your little ones to ensure they are getting fun and right development skills at the same time.