Is buying the clothes for your newborn become a fraught affair? Do you want him to look great without spending a lot of money? Well, it must be an overwhelming experience for you to look at your newborn and hold him on your lap. Probably, at the same time, you don’t have any clue about baby dressing concerning his/her age.
You must be looking for easily washable and comfortable clothes for your newborn. If so, then you have landed on the right page. In this blog post, we will share some tips to get the best ideas for baby dressing.
Let’s get started
Age by Age Clothing of Newborn Baby:back to menu ↑
Baby dressing for 0 to 3 months
Kids grow rapidly, so there is no need to stuff your baby’s wardrobe with a pile of small outfits. In the initial few weeks, the baby only demands easy and comfortable clothes to put on. Usually, size 000 is perfect for babies from 0 to 3 months. With help of the recommended age label, you can easily pick up the most suitable outfit for your baby’s age. However, for your bigger newborn, you can go straight on the clothes from 3-6months. If it’s long, roll up the sleeves and the pants; it would be a perfect fit.
- Select the stretchy jumpsuit that consists of a zip or button to make the baby dressing easy and comfortable.
- Tops with Envelope necks are a great choice as they allow you to get the head easier.
- Also, the baby dressing that doesn’t need ironing or hand washing is best because sparing some time from taking care of your baby might be a tough job for you.
- Choose the best pair of socks. In the early few weeks, the newborn has poor circulation, and for this reason, his/her feet remain colder frequently so socks are a way to keep your baby’s legs warmer.
Essentials of baby dressing
- Three tops
Dressing for 3 to 18 months
- Two pajama suits
- Six jumpsuits
- Three pull-on pants
- Three muslin swaddles
- A cotton hat
- Three cotton bunny rugs
Dressing for good night sleep
- A few pairs of socks.
Baby dressing for 3 to 18 months
Of course, you are highly excited to buy cute little dresses for your tiny fashionista. However, choosing the practical clothes of 00 size is a good option for your 3 to 18 months child. As your baby outgrows his clothes rapidly so select the suits of slightly larger size. Cotton is the most suitable and comfortable material for your highly sensitive baby as they are easy to wear and avoid the baby’s restrictive movements. Avoid irritating fabrics such as wool or nylon.
It is recommended to consider the pants with the buttons at the crotch that make it effortless to change the diaper. Overall choose the darker color dresses that don’t get dirty and are easily washable.
Guidelines for newborn baby dressing
It might be upsetting for you to dress up or undress your newborn baby. So, to keep you stress-free, we have piled up some of the guidelines that will help you!
- Find a comfortable place to lay down your baby and ensure that your baby’s room is warm.
- Learn properly about diapering your baby, as it will keep him from weeing on you or the bed.
- First, lay down your baby, gently support his neck, and put on the clothing from the neck. Ensure that the suit doesn’t touch your baby’s face because it’s irritating and makes him/her upset.
- Lastly, place your baby’s arm in the armholes but be careful.
- For undressing your child, go in a reverse manner. However, if the jumpsuit or the short have the zip or button at the front. Then first unzip the suit and lay down your baby on the top.
- Immediately zip up the garments after placing the arms and legs.
A word of caution:
when you are out, properly cover your baby’s arms and legs because protection from sun exposure is essential.back to menu ↑
Baby dressing for good night sleep
Your baby is finally at home, and suddenly the question that pops in your mind is – what should be the baby dressing for a good night’s sleep? It might seem to be easy, but most mundane infant injuries arise from bad clothing. How many times you have painstakingly goggled to select the comfortable PJs for your tiny angel or checked out the ingredients in the diaper cream to help your kid for the best sleep. Luckily, we are here to offer your kid a safe night of uninterrupted slumber with our few practical tips.back to menu ↑
Dressing baby for bed guide
Lighten up on warm nights
On summer nights, keep the baby dressing comfortable and light. The best choice is the breezy short sleeve cotton bodysuit, cotton swaddle, or T-shirt with muslin. But if your baby’s room has an air conditioner, then long-sleeve PJs with footie is perfectly okay.
Prepare for the chilly winter nights.
Gear up your little peanut for the winter chills. It would be best if you stuck to the snuggly pair of pajama suit, sleep sack, heavier thin swaddle along with cotton jammies. You must avoid the loose blanket and a hat at night as it can inhibit free breathing or can result in overheating.
Stick to the cozy clothing
You must have seen that some brands offer the flame-resistant pajamas for newborns. Such clothes have certain material that prevents the chances to catch fire and keep your baby safe. However, some pediatricians probe about the harmful effect of such chemicals on the baby. Alternatively, you can stick to the snug fit fabrics that are not treated with heat retardants, but they fit closely to the baby’s body and reduce flammability risk.
Make the nappy changes easier.
In the early few months, you must have to change your baby’s diapers throughout the night. But, No one wants to stay awake the whole night and search blindly for the tricky button at midnight. So, the snaps or zippers placed fashionably can make the diaper changing easier and more efficient at night.
Properly wrapping the baby.
Wrap the baby with a lightweight cotton wrap as it will keep your baby in a safe sleeping posture. Ensure that the wrap doesn’t move above the baby’s head or touches his face because too high wrapping can obstruct his breathing. Also, determine that the wrap is not too tight, and there is enough space for your baby to relax and stretch the legs.
According to the American Academy of Pediatrics, when it’s your baby’s nap time, then place him on his back. Because if accidentally your baby rolls over, then instead of falling on the ground, he will flip over his belly.
A quick tip: when your babies start to roll over their tummies, then start wrapping them. This usually happens around four months of age.back to menu ↑
When your nugget is entirely ready for bedtime, you must consider a few safety tips.
- The best way to reduce the baby’s risk of SIDS (Sudden Infant Death Syndrome) is that the baby bed should be free of bumpers, pillows, positioners, blankets, wedges, and stuffed toys. Your baby and a pacifier should only be present on a crib or bassinet.
- If possible, you must share the room with your toddler in the early 6 to 12 months of life. According to AAP, if you share the same room with your kid, you can reduce the chance of SIDS by up to 50%. However, co-sleeping is not allowed.
- Keep the fan on; it will circulate the air in the entire room and help your kid breathe.
Choosing the right newborn baby dressingback to menu ↑
When it’s cold, make sure that your little peanut is bundled up properly.
Cover up with layering: in the winters, it is always best that your baby is completely covered with thin layers of cotton clothes. However, if it’s going to be very cold and you need gloves, a hat, and socks for yourself and your baby.
Head out with blanket cover: if you plan to go out with your baby in the stroller, make sure that you take the blanket and a rain cover to keep your baby warm.
Baby’s safety by the car seat: once you are in the car, immediately put off the baby’s heavy coat because it can cause a breathing problem or lead to an accident. Instead, you can put on the multiple thin layers and a cap on your kid in the car.
It is not compulsory that overheating occur in the cold weather. However, the warm days can also be bad for your child. Let’s have a look at a few of the tips to keep your baby dressing safe on hot and humid days.
Remove layers: when the temperature exceeds 25 degrees centigrade, one layer is sufficient for baby dressing. But keep your baby’s head covered to save him from too much sunlight.
Keep baby protected from the sun: many pediatricians recommend the use of sunscreen on babies. But according to FDA, using sunscreen under six months is not favorable for the kids. So, to shield your baby from the sun, limit your stay outside and prefer the shady area on the beach.
Choosing the right baby dressing is just one of the many daily decisions you consider as a new parent. While there are many things, you never want to compromise on the clothing of your little love bug. Give priority to safety, and don’t be afraid of trying different pajama suits and swaddles to see what is best for your little angel. Take care of your newborn, and to get more tips, ask questions in the comment section below.