When the right time comes for a newborn, picking the essential items can be daunting for you. Everything is adorable but you need to buy the necessary items if you are concerned about the budget. Being a new mom can be exciting and overwhelming at the same time. You will be bombarded with advice from your friends or relatives about the products you need. However, you should only include the essential things in a survival kit for new mom.
In this article
If you are wondering what to buy, keep scrolling down and take a look at the essential items you will need for your newborn.
New Parent Starter Kit: the Best Gift for First Time Parents
For a new parent, there is a huge collection of adorable gifts in the market. But, not all of those gifts are as useful as they may seem. Every parent wants some practical gifts that can make their day-to-day lives much easier. With the help of a parent survival kit, you can have a certain level of comfort in your life. We have got a list of the best gift for first-time parents that are useful and adorable at the same time.
A pampering gift basket
For a new mom or dad, pampering gifts are always much-needed for proper care. Skincare products for a new mom are gentle on the skin and safe for breastfeeding moms. They contain such ingredients that help moisturize and nourish the skin.
A natural sleep aid
It is the most essential mom survival kit gift. A new mom finds only a few hours to catch up on sleep. For that purpose, you need to maximize every minute of your sleep. A natural sleep aid can help your drift off quickly as soon as you are done nursing your baby. It has a calming and sleep-inducing scent to provide you with a much-needed sleep cycle.
A door latch cover
Remember, the smallest noises can affect your baby’s sleep to a great extent. They have the biggest wake-up potentials. You need to avoid any noise or disturbance during your baby’s sleep. Reduce the accidental rattling of a door with the help of a door latch cover. It is the best gift for first-time parents. A door latch cover results in a seamless opening and closing of a door, making it easy for your baby to sleep calmly. Most importantly, it can also help your growing child from accidentally locking herself in a room.
A smart monitor
A smart monitor is the most useful gift someone can gift to new parents. It provides them peace of mind while their baby sleeps. As a result, you can monitor your baby activity every second, especially through the night. Some advanced baby monitors can monitor your child’s oxygen levels and heart rate.
A baby blanket
A baby blanket is a must-have item for a new parent survival kit. It is the best gift that a new parent can ever have. A super-soft blanket can provide great comfort to your baby. During a car ride, cold-weather stroller walks, or even appointments to the doctor’s office, a baby blanket is an essential item every parent needs. It can help your baby sleep safely and comfortably.
New Mom Survival kit Ideas: Expert Reviews 2020
Evenflo Glass Bottles
Glass bottles are essential for a new mom. Evenflo’s glass bottles are easy to clean and sustainable. These bottles are recyclable which makes them perfect for the environment. Most importantly, the bottles are designed for rapid mixing, proper venting, and easy handling for a new parent.
- It will not retain any discolor or odor
- Healthy material that is easy to clean
- Secure – nipple cover fits on tightly
- Affordable price
- Narrow mouth opening
Duco Baby Sunglasses
When it comes to sunlight, you should protect your little one from its damaging effects. Duco’s baby sunglasses can protect your baby with a stay-on strap. These polarized sunglasses are the perfect addition to a mom survival kit, especially for the lake trips or vacation days on a beach.
- Scratch-resistant coating
- The lens is 100% UV protection (Blocks harmful UVA, UVB & UVC)
- Polarized sunglasses
- Stylish design
- Only best for up to 2 years child
Are you looking for the perfect carrier that allows you to keep both hands free?
Look no further than a comfortable Ergobaby’s carrier for a quick nap. It can help you in easy carrying by keeping weight strain off your joints. Moreover, it can comfort your baby with its motion and warmth. It is the most essential item that a new mom should have in a starter kit for a baby.
- Ergobaby 360 carrier is very comfortable
- Can accommodate your newborn to up to 2 years of age
- Comfortable shoulder straps for easier nursing
- Made of cotton and machine washable
- Lack of storage – just one small pocket
Muslin Swaddle Blankets by CuddleBug
A swaddle blanket is necessary for your newborn. It can help your baby recreate a feel of being in your womb. Muslin swaddle blankets are lightweight and breathable. They are made of high-quality material that can last for years to come. Most importantly, these are multi-purpose blankets.
- Large size
- Can be used for several purposes
- 4 blankets in a package with beautiful prints
- Soft and 100% Muslin cotton
- Need more effort to swaddle your baby more tightly
PooPoose Wiggle Free Diaper Changing Pad
It is one of the most vital mommy survival kit ideas to have a wiggle free diaper changing pad. It is designed to make the diaper changing process easy, cleaner, and safer. It has an adjustable swaddle-like strap that can accommodate your little one. A high-end and hook-and-loop strap design keeps your baby secure during a diaper changing.
- Swaddle like straps to calm the baby
- High-quality and soft contoured foam
- Made of non-toxic materials
- Durable and comfortable for the infant
- A bit higher price
Trimo Electric Nail Trimmer for Baby
Every mom, of course, wants to shorten her baby’s nails without any risk of injury. This is where Trimo’s electric nail trimmer for a baby comes in handy. It has a gentle filing process that makes nail trimming comfortable for your baby. Your newborn has flexible, soft, and fast-growing nails that easily become long. When you have Trimo’s Electric Nail Trimmer, you do not have to worry about your baby’s nails anymore. It can help you in safe and efficient grooming for your baby.
- Easy and safe to use
- Gentle and painless for babies
- 2-speed switch – adjust the speed that is comfortable for your baby
- It doesn’t slip out of your hand
- Filing discs require proper care
Mommy Survival Kit List 2020: What to include
- Nosefrieda Nasal Aspirator (it is much better than a Section Bulb you may get from the hospital)
- Bibs (make sure that have waterproof backing)
- Sleeping sacks (must have zippers)
- Burp Cloths (such as receiving blankets)
- Washable and waterproof changing pads, cover, and liners
- Waterproof mattress pads (for crib)
- Footed sleepers of jammies with zippers
- Thermometer (prefer forehead swipe thermometer)
- Baby nail trimmer (Trimo Electric Nail Trimmer for baby, shorten your baby nails without any risk)
- Diapers (stock up as much as you can, both disposable and cloth)
- Wet bags, Liners and Wipes
- Diaper-safe laundry detergent
- Swaddle blankets (Branded such as Aden + Anais, Muslin Swaddle Blankets by Cuddlebug, Swaddle Me)
- Breast pump (choose one based on your preferences)
- Baby bottles (make sure to have two or three different kinds of bottles as babies will pick the bottle they want to use)
- Boppy pillow (it is a matter of preference again. While you’re nursing, it is a must-have item with a waterproof protective cover)
Take a look at some of the items that will be handy to have:
- Baby bath
- Bouncy chair
- Baby monitor
- Changing bag
- Baby bag or box
- Baby lotion
- Steam sterilizer
- Nappy wrapper
These items are essentials and should be included in a mommy survival kit list. A new parent survival kit can comfort your baby all day.