Headaches during pregnancy, You’re not alone if you’re pregnant and suffering from headaches. According to a medical study, 39% of pregnant and postpartum women suffer from headaches. Though you may experience a different type of headache during pregnancy than usual, most headaches aren’t hazardous. Keep reading to know some more details about headaches during pregnancy.
Related: Protein creatinine ratio pregnancy calculator and its usage
Headaches during pregnancy
Headaches in the first trimester of pregnancy can be caused by a variety of factors that are not present in headaches in the second or third trimesters.
Headache discomfort during pregnancy can sometimes be an indicator of other health issues.
Any headaches you experience while pregnant, before or after, should be reported to your doctor.
Keep a headache notebook to track how often you get headaches and how severe they are.
Make a list of any other symptoms you’re experiencing.
You can download a guide about headaches during pregnancy from amazon
Related: Pelvic pain during pregnancy and its risks
Headaches are classified into several categories
Primary headaches account for the bulk of headaches experienced during pregnancy.
This indicates that the headache discomfort occurs on its own. It’s not a sign or symptom of another condition or a pregnancy complication.
The following are examples of primary headaches:
Migraine attacks cluster headaches tension headaches
Tension headaches are a reliable source of headaches during pregnancy.
If you get chronic headaches or migraines during pregnancy, or if you have a migraine history, tell your doctor.
Migraine sufferers may experience fewer attacks during pregnancy if they have a history of migraines.
Migraine has also been connected to difficulties that occur later in your pregnancy or after your baby is born.
A pregnancy issue such as elevated blood pressure might produce secondary headaches.
Headaches during pregnancy and their causes.
Related: Pregnancy test calculator week by week
- First trimester
In the first trimester of your pregnancy, tension headaches are frequent.
This could be because your body is going through a lot of changes right now.
These changes have the potential to induce pain in the form of headaches:
weight changes due to increased blood volume
The following are other common reasons of headache pain during the first trimester of pregnancy:
Dehydration, nausea, and vomiting are all symptoms of stress.
Blood sugar levels are low
Insufficient physical activity
Alterations in vision sensitivity to light
- Second trimester
Headaches in the second and third trimesters can be caused by a variety of factors. These are some of them:
Extra weight, poor posture, insufficient sleep, and poor nutrition can cause muscle strain and stiffness.
Related: Glucose test pregnancy and its importance
Blood pressure that is too high
Headaches in the second or third trimester of pregnancy could be an indication of elevated blood pressure.
In the United States, around 6 to 8% of pregnant women aged 20 to 44 have high blood pressure.
The Centers for Disease Control (CDC) state that (CDC),
This treatable problem might result in catastrophic complications for both the mother and the infant.
This is the most common symptom after the 20th week of pregnancy.
Related: Bleeding during pregnancy causes and treatment
Headaches during pregnancy
To sum up, To manage high blood pressure or headaches during pregnancy, your doctor may prescribe medication. You’ll also need to reduce your salt intake and increase your fiber intake. Regular exercise is also essential for maintaining a healthy blood pressure level.
Bed Buddy Lavender Aromatherapy Eye Mask for Headache Relief - Lavender Eye Pillow for Relaxing or Puffy Eyes - Eye Mask for Sleeping Women or Men, Pregnancy
$5.55 in stock
- LAVENDER EYE PILLOW. Lavender eye mask provides aromatherapy for those days you come home with tired eyes. Eye mask acts as a warm compress for eyes that are stressed or causing a headache.
- AROMATHERAPY EYE MASK. A heated eye mask infused by lavender to help you relax or calm your tired eyes. Eye mask is a great solution for migraine relief , sinus pain relief, or simply used as a sleep aid.
- COLD EYE MASK. For cold therapy, simply place the eye mask in the freezer. Remove your eye mask from the freezer after 4 hours, and apply direct to your eyes. No need for a towel or cloth, and a great stress relief as a cooling sleep mask.
- NATURAL PAIN RELIEF EYE MASK. Whether you prefer a migraine mask for pain relief or cooling eye mask for summer heat, this eye mask cold does both. Lavender provides additional calming comfort and is one of those great pregnancy gifts for first time moms
- SPA EYE MASK IN YOUR HOME. 100% filled with natural grains that provide a slightly weighted and comfortable feeling on your eyes, some even use it as a sleep mask for those afternoon cat naps or as a spa eye mask replacement
Brett's Little Headaches
|Is Adult Product|
|Number Of Pages||142|
Gentle Babies: Essential Oils and Natural Remedies for Pregnancy, Childbirth, Infants and Young Children (10th Anniversary Edition)
24 used from $18.09
- This book is a 'must-have' resource for anyone with children!
- All new parents who want to learn to care for their baby without constant doctor help need this book!
- Everything you need to know about essential oils for babies, kids, and pregnancy.
- Great gift for expecting mothers who LOVE the less toxic, more natural lifestyle.
- Alphabetically organized and super helpful. All the info you need for a newborn or toddler with none of the other fillers that clogs up other books.
HATCH | Head Peace | Chic Compressing & Cooling Headache Relief Wrap | Fast Relief from Pregnancy Headaches & Migraines
- Compression and Cooling Headband for Tension and Pregnancy Headaches
- All Natural Headache Relief
- Fashionable Head Wrap with Reusable Ice Packs
- Super Soft Jersey Fabric
- Take care of yourself *and* look good doing it, pregnant or not