Gentlease vs similac sensitive, Gassy newborns are grumpy babies, as anybody who has suffered from indigestion or colic will confirm, Parents spend sleepless nights and anxious days as they strive to figure out how to relieve their baby’s pain, Changing formulas can help with gas, vomiting, and excessive burping, There are various sensitive stomach formulas available, but two, in particular, stand out. Which of the gentlease vs similac sensitive formulas is best for the developing digestive tracts of newborns?
Gentlease vs similac sensitive
You’ve probably tried everything to get your baby’s farts under control, including:
Gas relief drops, the iconic “football” grip, burping your baby more frequently, and, of course, formula modification is all options to explore.
At times, it looks like none of this is working.
Do you want to know why this is the case?
Lactose-free diets may be advantageous if your child has gastrointestinal reflux (GER) or gastrointestinal reflux disease (GERD).
In a baby’s developing GI system, cow’s milk can cause a lot of agitation and reflux.
Similac Sensitive differs from Enfamil Gentlease in that it is lactose-free.
Enfamil Gentlease, on the other hand, employs gentle proteins.
Partially hydrolyzed nonfat milk and whey protein concentrate solids are specified as ingredients in the formula.
Similac Sensitive contains milk protein isolate as a protein source.
In other words, Gentlease still includes lactose, but in far lower concentrations than other formulations.
Gentlease appears to be enough for some newborns, while Similac Sensitive appears to be superior for others.
When choosing between Similac Sensitive and Enfamil Gentlease, pediatricians and nurses favor Similac Sensitive.
What’s the deal with this?
Similac Sensitive has no lactose.
Because of the way the enzyme lactase (which breaks down lactose) operates, lactose intolerance can develop in newborns.
Fermentation happens in the stomach when the body is unable to absorb and digest the sugar found in dairy and milk products,
Resulting in a range of unpleasant symptoms.
Lactose, even in little amounts, can cause gas, spit-up, and unpleasant digestion in certain babies.
These symptoms can occur even with low-lactose formulations.
Similac Sensitive, on the other hand, appears to help many babies with lactose intolerance symptoms.
Similac Sensitive is also nutrient-dense.
Per 100-calorie meal, your child gets 2.1 grams of protein (5.3 fluid ounces).
1000 gram linoleic acid (an essential fatty acid that we humans need to grow and thrive)
You can get the product from amazon
Related: Is Similac Sensitive lactose-free
There are a few significant differences between Enfamil Gentlease and Similac Sensitive.
It has less lactose, as previously stated, while Similac Sensitive has none.
This is maybe the most important distinction.
However, there are a few things you should know regarding Enfamil Gentlease.
Milk fat globule membrane (MFGM), a bioactive membrane found in breast milk, is included in this formula.
MFGM is well-known for its ability to aid in the brain development of an infant.
It’s a component of Enfamil’s NeuroPro, which is a combination of MFGM and DHA.
Gentlease comes in two flavors: NeuroPro and PREMIUM.
PREMIUM is non-GMO and includes DHA and Inositol.
The only difference between it and NeuroPro is that it lacks MFGM.
While we’re at it, let’s take a closer look at what’s on the ingredients label.
You can get the product from amazon
All in all, In the Gentlease vs similac sensitive debate, there is no clear winner. it,s your choice.
Similac Pure Bliss Infant Formula, Modeled After Breast Milk, Non-GMO, 24.7 Oz
$29.98 in stock
- GENTLE NUTRITION MODELED AFTER BREAST MILK: Pure Bliss by Similac infant formula is thoughtfully crafted nutrition that’s easy to digest and gentle on little tummies
- NO ARTIFICIAL GROWTH HORMONES & NON-GMO: Similac is the first leading infant formula brand with no artificial growth hormones. Pure Bliss also has no antibiotics or palm olein oil and is non-GMO
- SUPPORTS BRAIN & EYE DEVELOPMENT: Our formula has DHA and ARA to support brain and eye development
- STARTS WITH FRESH MILK FROM GRASS-FED COWS: Crafted with milk sourced from family-owned Irish farms where cows have the freedom to graze outdoors
- PREFERRED BRAND: Similac is the Number 1 infant formula brand fed in hospitals
Similac NeoSure Infant Formula with Iron, For Babies Born Prematurely 13.1 oz, 6 Count
- PREMATURE INFANT FORMULA BRAND: And the brand fed in the NICU
- EXCELLENT CATCH-UP GROWTH: Supports better gains in weight, length, and head circumference for premature babies when compared to term infant formula
- SUPPORTS BRAIN and EYE DEVELOPMENT: Has our unique blend of DHA, lutein, and vitamin E to support brain and eye development
- HELPS SUPPORT BONE GROWTH: Our formula has calcium and phosphorus for baby’s growing bones
- NO ARTIFICIAL GROWTH HORMONES: The first leading infant formula brand with no artificial growth hormones