The bond between a baby and his mother is truly surreal. And thanks to mother nature, we are pretty much equipped with everything to support our little ones in the growing stages.
But the real struggle is to provide enough nutrients to our little munchkin on a daily basis. And breastfeeding seems the perfect way to do so, without a doubt. Commonly referred to as nursing, it is a process in which you feed your baby with your breast milk, usually directly from your breast.
However, due to our hectic schedules, most of the modern-parents ditch breastfeeding for regular bottle-feeding. But you have to understand Breastfeeding has a lot of benefits associated with it. And it can help your baby in those initial stages of growth.
Below, we have explained every aspect of Breastfeeding benefits for both baby and mom. And added some tips for new breastfeeding as well. So without further ado, let’s get started.
In this article:
- What are the benefits of breastfeeding for baby?
- Top-5 Advantages of Breastfeeding
- How long do babies benefit from Breastmilk?
- Best Products for Breastfeeding
What are the benefits of breastfeeding for baby?
According to many pediatrics, breastfeeding is necessary for babies for at least the first 6-months of their growth. Breast milk is an abundant source of essential nutrients, enzymes, and other immune properties that will help your little one in his initial growth period. On top of that, Breastfeeding is far more secure than normal bottle-feeding, as it eliminates the chances of allergies and diabetes. There are reports which claim breastfeeding can reduce the rate of any kind of respiratory disease in babies.
Top-5 Advantages of Breastfeeding
Breastfed Babies are comparatively Healthier
While the debate on breastfeeding vs. bottle-feeding is not ending anytime soon. We can indeed claim that Breastfed babies are far healthier and more active than bottle-fed babies. And there are some solid reasons behind it. Firstly, Breastfeeding is very pure and nutrient-rich, so your little one will get all of his supplements in one go. And breastfeeding also reduces the chances of allergies, asthma, cavities, and calcium deficiency in kids.
Healthier for Moms
There are a lot of benefits to breastfeeding for mom as well. According to studies, it promotes faster weight loss after birth, and you can burn up to 500 calories in a day thanks to breastfeeding. It also reduces the chances of urinary tract infections, which have become quite usual these days. Breastfeeding may also positively affect your mood as some oxytocin are released every time you breastfeed your baby.
Benefits for Life
Breastfeeding impacts the health of both baby and mom in the long run. For mothers, it has a positive effect on their mental health. Pediatrician’s around the globe reported mother’s who breastfeed are happier and live longer compared to the ones that disregard it. It may even lower the chances of breast cancer and ovarian cancer.
For baby’s, it will help this in their teens as they will have a lower chance of contracting dangerous respiratory diseases.
When compared to other methods, breastfeeding is far more convenient and hassle-free. The benefits of breast milk are immense, as it makes the travel easier as breast milk is always clean and at the right temperature. It also reduces your struggle to carry a bottle and milk everywhere you go. On top of it, breast milk is packed with all essential nutrients and vitamins, so you don’t have to give your little any other supplement.
How long do babies benefit from Breastmilk?
There is no straightforward answer to this since it depends on many factors. However, we strongly recommend breastfeeding exclusively for six months to 1 year. Health experts at respected institutes such as the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) and the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists back this theory.
Another major factor in deciding the frequency of breastfeeding depends on your baby’s meals. How often you should breastfeed, your baby depends on whether your baby prefers small, frequent meals or longer feedings. However, this pattern may vary as your little one tends to grow with time. Newborns often want to feed every 2-3 hours. By two months, providing every 3-4 hours is common, and by six months, most babies feed every 4-5 hours. You and your baby are unique, and the decision to breastfeed is up to you.
Best Products for Breastfeeding
Most mothers face issues to continue breastfeeding after returning to work, which can cause irregularities in breast milk and even induce dry nipples. This is just a handful of struggles that a modern-day mother faces. While breastfeeding is a natural process, you can take the assistance of certain products. Below, we have mentioned the best products that can surely help you in breastfeeding your little one.
- Spectra S1 Plus Electric Breast PumpSet Lowest Price Alert×Notify me, when price dropsSet Alert for Product: Spectra S1 Plus Electric Breast Pump Hospital Strength - $89.99Last Amazon price update was: November 25, 2020 11:32 pm× Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time indicated and are subject to change. Any price and availability information displayed on Amazon.com (Amazon.in, Amazon.co.uk, Amazon.de, etc) at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product.
Breast pumps are indeed wonder-gadgets. They allow you to store your breast-milk, which is later fed to your bottle. It is also used to clear out any irregularities in the flow of milk. Talking about this breast pump, it is equipped with a rechargeable battery, which allows you to carry it wherever you want. It has multiple settings so that you can choose the perfect one for yourself.
The suction speed is also adequate, as it never feels too harsh or fast. You also have two retractable cables through which the milk is carried away in the containers. That said, this breast pump also allows you to use both suction simultaneously, making it one of the best breast pumps available in the market.
- Lansinoh Soothies Gel PadsSet Lowest Price Alert×Notify me, when price dropsSet Alert for Product: Lansinoh Soothies Breast Gel Pads for Breastfeeding and Nipple Relief, 2 Pads - $6.99Last Amazon price update was: November 25, 2020 1:29 pm× Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time indicated and are subject to change. Any price and availability information displayed on Amazon.com (Amazon.in, Amazon.co.uk, Amazon.de, etc) at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product.
Often times, young mothers suffer from dry nipples due to a deficiency of calcium and vitamins. And these dry nipples cause difficulty for your baby to suck milk. That is why Lansinoh Soothies Gel Pads are so important. These tiny gel pads help to soothe down sore nipples. Due to its soft fabric, backing forms a protective barrier to prevent bra friction. These soothies come in an easy to carry packet, so you can carry them pretty much anywhere you want.
- Lansinoh Breastfeeding Starter SetSet Lowest Price Alert×Notify me, when price dropsSet Alert for Product: Lansinoh Breastfeeding Starter Set for Nursing Moms - $21.24Last Amazon price update was: November 25, 2020 1:29 pm× Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time indicated and are subject to change. Any price and availability information displayed on Amazon.com (Amazon.in, Amazon.co.uk, Amazon.de, etc) at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product.
According to an Oxford University survey, almost 35% of mothers face difficulties in starting the breastfeeding process. And many health experts even suggest a breastfeeding starter set to have a smooth breakthrough. This starter set from lansinoh is perfect for young mothers as it includes a proper how-to-use guide with appropriate instructions.
Images of mothers breastfeeding their babies make it look simple. But some women need some help and coaching. It can come from a nurse, doctor, family member, or friend, and it helps mothers get over possible bumps in the road. Reach out to friends, family, and your doctor with any questions you may have. Most likely, the women in your life have had those same questions. We hope this article helped to better understand the Breastfeeding benefits for both baby and mom.
You might be interested: